Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Question for the brehs that read the manga.
Are there any websites that have it in color or is it only black and white illustrations?

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Who's man is this?
wo0ft.jpg

I don't know breh, I've elaborated repeatedly and he's just entrenched in his opinion so I'm just going to let him cook. :hubie:

He's saying it was just a beating with no ramifications. :comeon:

Take a destroyer of worlds older than Frieza's entire family & stronger by orders of magnitude & reduce him to incoherent madness for fun. :sas1:

Literally blow him to pieces, reduce him to sputtering nonsense, and then puppeteer him into absorbing you just so you can jailbreak your family. :sas2:

Make a malevolent being with a god complex discover humility, hatred, & jealousy but claim it's nothing serious brehs. :skip:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kale and Caulifa are prodigies. Their respective ssj levels are stronger than U7s level. Potara ssj levels are also significantly stronger than regular ssj levels. Plus Super is asspull central. Add in that while Ultra Instinct provides instant reflex, it does not seem to increase attack power. Thats why she was tanking his blows. That Kamehameha simply, wasn't as strong as it looked, but strong enough to beat her. That same wave blast would've been stronger if he was ssb kkx20

this isnt true....it does increase attack power, this was mentioned and shown when he knocked her ass across the stage twice....the reason she 'tanking' his shots is cause he's thinking about the best attack move instead of just reacting, which makes the blows 'weaker' than they could be....whiz says this when he explains to krillin and them when they asked 'why was she able to get up from his blows'....but even with that, those blows are still stronger than him at ssb kkx20....

also yall gotta remember goku not trying to kill anyone...they are showing that the top/more experienced fighters are doing/using enough force just to beat the opponents, not kill them...even frieza is showing restraint.....now, the younger, less inexperienced fighters might fukk around and kill someone....ex: i think kelfia mightve killed someone not named goku with that last attack she used....

side note: that's why people are hoping that vegeta gets 'offensive' UI cause it fits the character...he's always been more of an offensive fighter & just lets the attacks go; while goku has always been more defensive & thinks about the next best offensive move....the ying/yang of the 2....

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
Same I fukked with them 2. And yea a lot of the hate is sexist

bytching about her powerups but hyping up Goku mastering something not even Beerus has despite training for millions of years :camby:
We have a problem with all of this. Has nothing to do with sexism, where are you all getting this from. I thought they were dope characters until they putting the beats on god-level beings.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know breh, I've elaborated repeatedly and he's just entrenched in his opinion so I'm just going to let him cook. :hubie:

Take a destroyer of worlds older than Frieza's entire family & stronger by orders of magnitude & reduce him to incoherent madness for fun. :sas1:

Literally blow him to pieces, reduce him to sputtering nonsense, and then puppeteer him into absorbing you just so you can jailbreak your family. :sas2:

Make a malevolent being with a god complex discover humility, hatred, & jealousy but claim it's nothing serious brehs. :skip:
Actually, this is the first post where you've said anything substantive on the topic. And you actually have made some good points, particularly with the last couple of statements. I have no issue being wrong or corrected when something cogent is introduced/broken down. So now I can actually understand why you're so strongly connected to your idea. And it makes sense. And I can accept that Buu's beating may have actually been worse.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Saw this on reddit
Interesting take on jiren using manga and anime together

Assuming both adaptations will have him with the same personality and motivation at the end it seems the anime decided to go the "Hit" route and keep him mysterious until the arcs ending which makes his actions so far kinda (really) dumb until they are explained, but I think that with the latest manga chapter (and some mental gymnastic) it's possible to understand him

Not doing anything

In the manga Jiren initially refuses to participate in the TOP because he would erase other Universes to save his own, that's why in the anime he decides to meditate or just stand still when he could eliminate 90% of the fighters in a minute, he doesn't want to be the reason a Universe is erased

This could also explain why he only says "It's Over" and then looks expressionless when he attacks someone, he doesn't enjoy being the reason a Universe is being erased

Only fighting "worthy" opponents

This could be simply him being arrogant, but by using the manga we can see Jiren is only there to assure U11 victory with Toppo/Dyspo (since he didn't actually want to fight there)

Attacking Maji Kayo

I'm not sure if Maji Kayo is on the same level as Hit or even Kale so for this one I'd like to use his fight with Hit as an example:

Jiren is said to be someone who devotes everything to justice so he probably doesn't like villains (even if he doesn't kill them), we can see he was a bit more arrogant/angry against Hit than with Goku, perhaps it's because Hit is an assassin (and therefore villainous) with him even saying "An Assassin's Pride? What Rubbish!"

Now with Maji Kayo initially Jiren wasn't going to fight but then decided to interrupt Toppo and take care of him by himself, but only after Maji Kayo revealed to be "evil" (he was gonna cut Dyspo's ears wtf) and a pretty strong opponent

He also didn't eliminate Goku or Kale instead he only made them weaker for the others, maybe it's because even if they're strong enough for his attention they haven't shown enough "evil" on them so Jiren was no intention of eliminating (and therefore making the Universe's erasure quicklier) of people who he doesn't consider as villains like Hit

...Not sure how Jiren haven't felt Freeza's evil intentions but eh

Meditating

Now this one doesn't really need to be explained but maybe he's thinking about or even keeping an eye on how things are doing back in U11 (since he did say that if something happened he would want to go back)?

And yes, I know the manga and anime are 2 completly different interpretations but do think the anime will explain Jiren later when he gets more screen time, I mean he only got 3 episodes dedicated for him (and 2 of them were more about UI Goku), that's pretty low compared to characters like Caulifla/Braly who got 6~7 (and a powerup or "development" on each one). Also I do think that the "Main villain" of the arc gets a few Personality/Motivation notes from Toriyama that both adaptations need to follow (Him wanting an specific wish already is one of them)

I'm not sure how much of what I said can be considered a decent theory or just bing a "Super apologist" (I know some points kinda contradict each other) but that's what I got from it, tell me what you think

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Yea, I was overlooking the Cell Saga. That was also some savagery. I'm not just looking at the battle elements. The backstory, impact, and emotional toll are also factors. There really was not a whole lot of character development around that iteration of Buu, so it was just some random villain getting them hands--albeit powerful beyond imagination. Vegeta was fighting for the pride of his entire race, his destroyed planet, and the legacy of his pops. And he had REALLY come to believe that he finally had to power FINALLY confront the bully and the nikka who turned a proud warrior race into some circus monkeys. No other beatdown in all of db stung like that (except maybe Cell killing his son in front of him).

To Vegeta's credit, Trunks came back and killed Frieza and his father in quick and disrespectful fashion. Goku beat the breaks off him and humbled him, but Trunks was the one who was actually cold enough to kill him. The royal bloodline was avenged.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Nah, what Frieza did to Vegeta on Namek is up there. This the nikka that made ur pops (the KINGG) behave like a lil bish. Then he still styles on ur pops AND sits on his throne after ur pops has submitted to his every will. Then when ur pops mans up to say enuff of the bullshyt, he ices ur pops RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! THEN he destroys ur planet and uses you as his slave. Now you finally confront him, and he BEATS.THEBRAKES.OFF.YOU. All while rubbing the aforementioned facts in your face and calling you a stupid monkey. And these weren't regular strikes. He KEPT beating this nikka on his spinal cord, literally where all the nerves are situated to maximize the pain. And all you could do is cry and beg that this peon castaway save the entire race that you claim to rule. The one who just a year ago ain't even know NOTHING about his true heritage. What was done to Buu was certain comical and humbling, but I think every real one had to shed some real tears at what Frieza did to Vegeta.
I see what he did to Goku is being underrated :picard:Had ol boy hallucinating and thinking he may not bw able to defeat him:wow:Frieza hosed to two strongest beings in the universe :wow:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Saw this on reddit
Interesting take on jiren using manga and anime together

Jiren would have eliminated both kale and goku bytch ass if not for hit saving them, neither the manga or show explains jiren so far...he supposed to be some hero yet is a puppet for belmond...nikkas can't even watch a cartoon with focus yet wanna come up with theories:pacspit:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Jesus Christ you right breh :ohhh:

The shyt might be a top three sonning in the history of human storytelling