Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Base Goku is clearly stronger than ssj2 Caulifa. Goku transforms into ssj2 and is now even with ssj2 Caulifa. :dead:

goku out here making his team mates life harder. should have just kamehame'd those two out the ring off top :snoop:

this isn't like how when vegeta taught cabba how to become super saiyan. the universe wasn't on the line then :why:

goku can eat universe worth of dikks :hhh:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
stage4.png

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

This whole debate is almost based on pure head canon. The only clear thing we know is that U6 sayians evolved differently than their U7 counterparts. THATS IT. wtf that even means we don't even know but it's not even hinted at in the series that this being the reason they achieved SSJ so quickly.

People are just picking and choosing whatever nonsense makes the most sense to them to make up for the bad writing.

I'll sum it up as to why the U6 transformations are stupid.

SSJ was a transformation that could not be taught. It had to be unlocked/unleashed. SSJ was a very very rare transformation that was legendary to the sayian race. Goku achieved it and then did Vegeta who we know for a fact that these two individuals are no ordinary sayians, Goku being a prodigy and Vegeta being a genius.

The point is we know why these two were able to attain this form. But when it comes to U6 we don't know shyt about cabba, kale, or califla. We don't know if they've ever had to fight for their life or if they've even trained at all. We don't even know if they're the strongest saiyans in U6.

So right now they just look like random saiyans that have gotten decades worth of powerups in a matter of 2 weeks. And I would be 100% on board with this if they just took the time to explain why?

It's just bad writing. They introduced all these universe but didn't bother to world-build around them. Threw in all these different characters and expected us to just shut up, watch and give a shyt about them.

Jiren is a result of this bad writing. Nothing interesting about him. Just strong for the sake of being stronger than Goku. Created for the sole purpose of introducing a new form. They built up the Pride Troopers so much but Jiren doesn't even seem like he's apart of the group. He's just his own entity.

Dragonball is not a complicated show but when you leave so many plot holes and unexplained events around people are going to do their best to make sense of it all. This SSJ issue should have been explained long ago but the writers are too busy hyping up a dumb transformation.

This is the future of Dragonball. Overhyping new transformations, new characters, new fusions, all at the expense of a coherent story.

:wow:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyrone mad as fukk

:mjlol: Seriously I felt what he was saying. The writing is fukkin terrible for Super and I seriously think they should wrap it up after this Saga. All they pretty much did for the Universe 6 saiyans is pretty much mirror the universe 7 saiyans but opposite.

Caulifla = Goku wit t*ts
Kale = Broly with t*ts
Cabba = Beta Vegeta

The only two highlights of this series is the Gohan and Goku fight and Future Trunks and Vegeta Galick gun. fukk everything else. The Ultra Instinct transformation was overhyped and didn't even come close to the feels when gohan went ssj 2 and when goku first turned ssj.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Seriously I felt what he was saying. The writing is fukkin terrible for Super and I seriously think they should wrap it up after this Saga. All they pretty much did for the Universe 6 saiyans is pretty much mirror the universe 7 saiyans but opposite.

Caulifla = Goku wit t*ts
Kale = Broly with t*ts
Cabba = Beta Vegeta

The only two highlights of this series is the Gohan and Goku fight and Future Trunks and Vegeta Galick gun. fukk everything else. The Ultra Instinct transformation was overhyped and didn't even come close to the feels when gohan went ssj 2 and when goku first turned ssj.

nah. dude went too far imo. the anime isn't trash. there have been some incredible moments throughout the entire series.

• A universe where Saiyans still exist (and are good guys)? :ooh:
  • Goku Black? :lawd:
  • Hit da Assassin Gawd? :banderas:
  • SSG and SSB? :salute:
  • Vegeta and Goku studying under Whis and Beerus? :blessed:
  • The idea of universal tournaments? :feedme:
  • Zeno? :bryan:
  • Ultra Instinct? :mindblown::feedme::mindblown::feedme: (that fight with Jiren was incredible... speaking of)
  • Jiren the Impossibly Overpowered, One-Shot Ring Out "I Don't Fight Little nikkas" Swag God? :wow:
  • Toppo hitting Vegeta with one of the greatest one-liners in Dragon Ball history ("You a second banana too tho...")? :deadmanny:

I could go on and on. The problem is the writing is so fukking trash at times it undermines the awesome story beats that are there to be mined. but it's not like the show is trash. it just frustrates the shyt out of fans who want these things explained in a manner that's respectful of what came before. again tho, that's why i personally swear by the manga. it's telling the same story in a way that makes sense to a life-long DB fan (imo).

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Super should have began with Frieza coming back, goku going ssg and Beerus waking up becuase of the SSG

They had goku fight someone too strong too fast. So the power scaling has been ass since the beginning. Especially with the "cant feel god ki", then the trunks ss rage :beli:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Super should have began with Frieza coming back, goku going ssg and Beerus waking up becuase of the SSG

They had goku fight someone too strong too fast. So the power scaling has been ass since the beginning. Especially with the "cant feel god ki", then the trunks ss rage :beli:
they shoulda kept that sh-t for the movies that came out :what: ain't need to see all that over again