Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Anyway, I liked this episode. It was a parody of magical girl anime with all of the ridiculous transformation sequences and stock animation.
As a kid watching them Tokusatsu and Mahou Shoujo show's I always wondered for each transformation sequence does time literally stop in real time? LOL

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Ok DB coli fam, im tryna re watch DBZ, but Idk which one to watch, the OG or Kai.

Which ones truer to the manga?

Kai.

You'll notice a difference in Goku's tone of dialogue in Kai which is actually representative of what the manga represents of him. Unlike the OG DBZ, the Kai version of Goku sounds more harsh and cares more for fighting rather than being a true hero.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
How do yal manage to say the animation is great, then backpedal immediately when pressed?

Instead of drawing characters with crayons, they've moved on to not drawing shyt at all.

and the episode is filled with shyt that don't even make sense. 18's on the screen and seeing random shyt blow up at one point and its just like.... we don't know what caused that explosion but okay lol

shyt's entertainment but yal gotta stop with this gas

"No corners cut"

cmon breh

You've mentioned good points.

Check out this site gives a good explanation why things have changed
Why The Dragonball Art Style Is Different From The Past

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
My bad, I was just thinking about the presentation in big fights. It seemed grander from what I've seen

But you can straight up look up on google and see that Super has better animation in like an average episode perspective. The thing with Z is that their animators got up for the biggest fight scenes and not much else.

Super's animation isn't great compared to a OPM or maybe even AOT though, I recognize that. I just think guys in here are lying to themselves when they put Z in a shining light
Well to be honest Toei's studio ain't the level as Madhouse or Wit. Have you ever wondered why people don't anticipate for a manga to get an adaptation on Toei? However if they hear that the manga get's adapted on Madhouse they get happy because they know they'll get quality.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Kai.

You'll notice a difference in Goku's tone of dialogue in Kai which is actually representative of what the manga represents of him. Unlike the OG DBZ, the Kai version of Goku sounds more harsh and cares more for fighting rather than being a true hero.

Kai version of vegeta sacrifice is way more depressing but much more impactful love kai cuz of the translation
Vegeta in kai admitted he got gohan killed too buu (he isn't dead tho)
Saying if he didn't take babidi power up this wouldn't have happen and saying goku will see gohan in after life
A complete diff translation to dbz made kai seem like a diff show all together glad I bought it

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
brehs i went hard for the last month and caught up on this whole shyt. feeling like 2002 and shyt again mane :to:

i gotta say i'm feeling this a lot. a lot of stuff for a breh who been watching dragon ball from the beginning. these between/filler episodes have been pure piff and this new arc bringing back the whole gang. fukk all this power level shyt, it high key ruined the series. cats irrelevant because they ain't super saiyan, then they level up but then a new iphone comes out and now they're not seeing iphone 7 because super saiyan 2 came out. kuririn outchea catching Ws with bae and Roshi defeated the demon that is the lust for these hos and he's competing on a universal level :banderas: i'm glad that that brolyanna eating a ssb kamahameha straight to the face happen just to slap the fire out these power level dikk riding ass dudes. ol everytime a hit lands they go run straight to the blackboard and do calculations ass nikkas. "if goku was SSB and punched krillin he should disintegrate into precicely 8 million 902 thousand 432 pieces." ass nikkas. i done read the thread and cats were hating on future trunks catching the W on zamasu. It's his own timeline and shyt, let the man get his W :gucci: yeah we know goku gonna win at the end of the day but if the only dudes that can hang are vegeta and goku the shyt is mad boring.

and with that broly shyt. the series has repeatedly shown that if someone isn't at their absolute highest level when they tussle they may as well be fukking around. their next to top forms might as well be outdated. there are theories that goku has a new form but he hit broly with the ssb kamehameha, not even at kaioken. conversely vegeta who we know can't go above ssb hasn't gotten his ass beat as ssb because that would clearly show that he's irrelevant

ya'll gotta reconcile that this shyt right here is a load of fukkery :mjgrin:

and we're all blessed for it :blessed:

Raizan

Pro
Daps
I'm glad that they are making the Androids strong and borderline ruthless again. I remember a few weeks ago they had nerfed the hell out of #18, but she too now seems strong again.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Well to be honest Toei's studio ain't the level as Madhouse or Wit. Have you ever wondered why people don't anticipate for a manga to get an adaptation on Toei? However if they hear that the manga get's adapted on Madhouse they get happy because they know they'll get quality.
Toei is a garbage ass studio in general, that's no lie. A lot of people were twisting their balls back when this anime was announced cause it wasn't getting done by madhouse :mjlol: like Toei was just gonna sell the foundation of their company

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
But conversely, madhouse never handled a project with the gravity of a Dragon Ball. I believe the amount of expectations this anime has would fold a smaller company

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Kai.

Kind of annoyed that both didnt show Goku facial expression regretting that he had to fully kill off frieza on namek

A severely underrated moment

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Akira must've been watching Sailor Moon when they thought of this transformation :mjlol:

Bruh, they were wide open - 17 :yeshrug:

Damn they gotta restart from there? :commentatormartin:

Gotta ask bae how high her love level is. Reach my emotion ma :steviej:

Godbody 17 took out two in one episode, step ya game up U7! :rudy:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
the fukkery when 17 fired that beam :wow: It's a battle for survival and these nikkas are like yo breh they were transforming:whoa:

toppo a bytch for saving these hoes :camby:

Next week G.O.A.T.A.N

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Toei is a garbage ass studio in general, that's no lie. A lot of people were twisting their balls back when this anime was announced cause it wasn't getting done by madhouse :mjlol: like Toei was just gonna sell the foundation of their company
I would have done the same thing I would never sell the foundation of the company unless I get some type of lucrative deal where I sell the show but still get a get a good percentage out of it. Do you know if Toei also gets a percentage of merchandising and DB games?