Dragon Quest is the truth brehs

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Help me understand. I've never played any Dragon Quest but someone told me that this game compare to Dynasty Warriors which is turned me off cause I thought Dragon Quest is a JRPG?......

@winb83 ?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Help me understand. I've never played any Dragon Quest but someone told me that this game compare to Dynasty Warriors which is turned me off cause I thought Dragon Quest is a JRPG?......

@winb83 ?

No, you're thinking about Dragon Quest Heroes which was made by Dynasty Warriors devs. Regular DQ is turn based RPG

It's basically Final Fantasy without all the extra fukk shyt, just classic JRPG series

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, you're thinking about Dragon Quest Heroes which was made by Dynasty Warriors devs. Regular DQ is turn based RPG

It's basically Final Fantasy without all the extra fukk shyt, just classic JRPG series

That's right...it was Dragon Quest Heroes when I was planned to buy it but once I found out that compare to Dynasty Warriors so I decided not to buy it.

I thought Dragon Quest related to Heroes until you mention it.

DQ is a turn based JRPG? :gladbron:

Decide gonna cop it

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
8 lets you see your characters on screen and it's arguably the best game in the series, give that one a try.

This one is ramping up but I can't say it's better than 8 (yet). We'll see if it holds up long enough, it's missing ONE feature that made 8 so great IMO but I'll wait and see if it shows up in this game.

edit: quoted wrong guy

Yeaaah the one for the 3ds!def gonna cop it when i catch it slipping for the Low (never paying full price lol)

Whats the new game missing?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeaaah the one for the 3ds!def gonna cop it when i catch it slipping for the Low (never paying full price lol)

Whats the new game missing?

Yeah its on ps2 and 3ds, I never played the 3ds version I only played the original ps2 version

8 had the monster arena in it, which to me added a lot to the game, monster arena was so indepth it could've been its own game. And it kinda was, since they started making dragon quest monsters games on ds after 8 dropped.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The JRPG market is so weird right now. Games that would be considered mediocre decades ago and now top tier. Dragon Quest games have historically been mediocre and underwhelming so it's weird seeing people get excited for this latest entry. Standards are being lowered.

Im with you man. I liked DQVIII, but I couldnt tell you what even happened in that game or names of any of the characters. Meanwhile I could recite the entire plot of Final Fantasy 4,5,6,7,8,9 and Chrono Trigger.

Final Fantasy fukking up royally really has made it so that mid level RPG's get a lot more love like the Tales games or the Trails games. DQXI is really fun for what it is but im still left with that lingering emptiness of not having a real Final Fantasy.

Cjba1vwUUAA_E5o.jpg

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Playing through VIII on the 3DS rn. :wow:

About to give The Dark Lord that work, then buy a copy of XI whenever I have the chance.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Play Dragon Quest V if you ever get a chance. It’s one of the very few, and I mean very few, games where you start as child, grow up, pick a bride(from 3 choices), and then have kids and have them join your party. It’s the best DQ imo.
Wait...what????

Reminds me of phantasy star 2.... But how I missed that..