Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Shadowmayne

World Warrior
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
I’m cool with who ever they put in honestly but I hope they save a slot for my boy
3cf1726524ada4d69d69cd5af41329d9ea7393e1_hq.gif

tumblr_n6vsa8Evan1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I'll never understand the sudden fascination about story mode in a fighter. Like when the hell did this even start? Cause surely no one gave a damn about story during the mvcs2/cvs2/sf3 days.

Beating story mode not gonna save u from getting your ass whooped in this game. People honestly care more about a story then getting better at the game. :dead: new age gamers i tell ya.

U want a story play a god damn rpg. All this effort into story mode could of went into more characters.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I'll never understand the sudden fascination about story mode in a fighter. Like when the hell did this even start? Cause surely no one gave a damn about story during the mvcs2/cvs2/sf3 days.

Beating story mode not gonna save u from getting your ass whooped in this game. People honestly care more about a story then getting better at the game. :dead: new age gamers i tell ya.

U want a story play a god damn rpg. All this effort into story mode could of went into more characters.

I understand the sentiment but the arcade era is dead. Even then...i remember as a kid it was a little disappointing that MVC2 didnt have any real character endings. Cant act like the endings from SF2, and the older VS. titles werent cool.

Games nowadays have bigger budgets so they can do more. 3D models are cheaper than sprite work so they are cutting costs either way. Stuff like story mode is a good way to get people to buy the games that wouldnt give it a chance otherwise. Some of those players will get into it hardcore. If you stick with the old school mentality than fighters wont ever grow and it will just be us 30 year old and older people playing. Not only that but the genre will just die out due to lack of profitability.

And we know that making extra modes doesn't detract from the games fighting mechanics or roster. GGXRD is that prime example. With Sign, Rev and Rev 2 they added new story modes each time. Thats 3-5 hours of content x3. They also have the best graphics in the biz, and the most modes in fighters. An in depth interactive tutorial, 20 combo trials for each character, game mechanic missions (over 30 at least I cant recall the exact number), 2x match up missions vs every character, and the m.o.m. mode which I guess is similar to the world tour mode from Alpha 3. Would you really argue that those modes took away from the roster or limited the games core fighting?

Since arcsys is making this DBZ game you can expect the same quality and then some. Story will get the casuals in, then all the extra modes teach the game to an adequate level to throw people online and not be completely clueless. Its a good deal to me.

Its just a bad idea in 2017 to not have these things in a genre thats super inaccessible for normal gamers.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I understand the sentiment but the arcade era is dead. Even then...i remember as a kid it was a little disappointing that MVC2 didnt have any real character endings. Cant act like the endings from SF2, and the older VS. titles werent cool.

Games nowadays have bigger budgets so they can do more. 3D models are cheaper than sprite work so they are cutting costs either way. Stuff like story mode is a good way to get people to buy the games that wouldnt give it a chance otherwise. Some of those players will get into it hardcore. If you stick with the old school mentality than fighters wont ever grow and it will just be us 30 year old and older people playing. Not only that but the genre will just die out due to lack of profitability.

And we know that making extra modes doesn't detract from the games fighting mechanics or roster. GGXRD is that prime example. With Sign, Rev and Rev 2 they added new story modes each time. Thats 3-5 hours of content x3. They also have the best graphics in the biz, and the most modes in fighters. An in depth interactive tutorial, 20 combo trials for each character, game mechanic missions (over 30 at least I cant recall the exact number), 2x match up missions vs every character, and the m.o.m. mode which I guess is similar to the world tour mode from Alpha 3. Would you really argue that those modes took away from the roster or limited the games core fighting?

Since arcsys is making this DBZ game you can expect the same quality and then some. Story will get the casuals in, then all the extra modes teach the game to an adequate level to throw people online and not be completely clueless. Its a good deal to me.

Its just a bad in 2017 to not have these things in a genre thats super inaccessible for normal gamers.

:ehh: Powerful post!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really dont know how to feel about this. On one hand i feel relieved. If they have space for 2 useless characters like Nappa and Ginyu then the roster is bigger then we thought.

On the other hand did 17 really not get in over these 2??? Are they gonna look over characters like Janemba for these 2?? It just really hurts my head how the hell they got into the game. Like Nappa?? Really??

useless? :dahell: see, niccas like you are retarded...you don't understand what characters should and shouldn't be in the game based of their potential movesets...its not solely down to fandom, but also the creativity that can be drawn from making the character

ginyu's got the illest moveset by country miles it sounds like

all of his moves are done by all of the members of the ginyu force AND he's got his body switch move...that's aesthetically more interesting than anything the saiyans have got atm

also, its said nappa is the strongest character in the game so far, meaning he deals the most damage out of anyone...next in line is 16. so no doubt, nappa will be the tank in the game. I'd love it if his lvl 3 was him turning into the monkey and yajirobe coming out of the bushes to cut his tail at the end of the super or some sh1t to end the move

sidenote

have they explained what happens when you get all 7 dragonballs during a fight? i imagine shenron appears, but what happens then? since both players contribute to getting the dragonballs and its not a whoever gets to it first type of thing

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
useless? :dahell: see, niccas like you are retarded...you don't understand what characters should and shouldn't be in the game based of their potential movesets...its not solely down to fandom, but also the creativity that can be drawn from making the character

ginyu's got the illest moveset by country miles it sounds like

all of his moves are done by all of the members of the ginyu force AND he's got his body switch move...that's aesthetically more interesting than anything the saiyans have got atm

also, its said nappa is the strongest character in the game so far, meaning he deals the most damage out of anyone...next in line is 16. so no doubt, nappa will be the tank in the game. I'd love it if his lvl 3 was him turning into the monkey and yajirobe coming out of the bushes to cut his tail at the end of the super or some sh1t to end the move

sidenote

have they explained what happens when you get all 7 dragonballs during a fight? i imagine shenron appears, but what happens then? since both players contribute to getting the dragonballs and its not a whoever gets to it first type of thing

Man shut up. No one is comparing Ginyu to sayians. And i already said that from a pure gameplay standpoint Ginyu makes sense.

Nappa is a useless Jobber that is just taking up space. There's nothing interesting about him. Nothing unique about him. NOTHING. No where at any point of time did u ask anyone who they want in this game and the answer was "Nappa"

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man shut up. No one is comparing Ginyu to sayians. And i already said that from a pure gameplay standpoint Ginyu makes sense.

Nappa is a useless Jobber that is just taking up space. There's nothing interesting about him. Nothing unique about him. NOTHING. No where at any point of time did u ask anyone who they want in this game and the answer was "Nappa"

who do YOU want then nicca? :jbhmm:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is Nappa a jobber when he killed all the other jobbers?
niccas are retarded :snoop:

did these fools actually watch dbz? :pachaha:

noone is claiming nappa is this crucial component to dragonball but if you're gonna have tien and yamcha, i don't understand why nappa is such a confusing pick to people? actually, it should get people hype because that means there can be a chance of people like babidi, dabura, kid buu, cooler and broly etc being added