Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this needs to be the last dlc and they should move on to make a sequel with rollback this game needs that shyt. GG Strive beta spoiled alot of us :banderas:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I keep hearing that term spoken of on Reddit. What does it mean?

It's the netcode GGPO is based on. If the game lags then it just rolls back to before the game lagged. You mightve hit a guy but because it was laggy it'll take the hit back and reset.

Rollback netcode has had this weird resurgeance recently where everyone's talking about it like it's new but people have tried putting GGPO netcode into mainstream fighters and usually people hate it because a slightly delayed game is better than a slightly rolled back game. It's more consistent. I haven't played Strive so idk how much better it's rollback is from GGPO's old netcode.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's the netcode GGPO is based on. If the game lags then it just rolls back to before the game lagged. You mightve hit a guy but because it was laggy it'll take the hit back and reset.

Rollback netcode has had this weird resurgeance recently where everyone's talking about it like it's new but people have tried putting GGPO netcode into mainstream fighters and usually people hate it because a slightly delayed game is better than a slightly rolled back game. It's more consistent. I haven't played Strive so idk how much better it's rollback is from GGPO's old netcode.

Sounds like something the casual game wouldn’t notice lol.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Rollback? Yeah you would. If you hit a nikka and then it doesn't count you'd be mad. :mjlol:

Either way lag is lag. Don't buy into rollback hype because it doesn't reduce lag, it just handles it differently.

Ahhh okay makes more sense now lol.

I just kept hearing people mention they needed to move on to the next game and adding Rollback to it. So I was just curious as to what it meant.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They finally just said fukk it and broke the game lol

He'd definitely be banned from real tournament play.

I just watched somebody TOD with him from a command grab:russ:

The second I saw him do two air-dashes, I knew he’d be banned.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain't smash they ain't banning shyt

There is no way you’re going to see Gogeta, as he is now, playing competitively. :mjlol:

Do y’all understand how broken a double air-dash is in a game centered around mobility and mix ups?

With a character that can literally TOD you with minimal ease or stack dragon balls? Lol

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
ssj4 gogeta is fire. a beam for some zoning would have been nice (10x kamehameha or a final shine) or for his super but aye beggars can't be choosers.

my main team's roster still dosen't have permanent characters besides Vegito (main). Kefla is probably the closest to becoming a perm (she's been in the majority of my matches so at this point she kinda is) but we'll see.Ssj Blue Gogeta, jiren, GT Goku and now super broly are some i've been playing with trying to see how the work with the main team.

idk just haven't gotten that "this is the one" feeling from any of them like I do with vegito and kefla. I'm either gonna keep kefla and choose between the gogetas broly and jiren, go with broly ssj4 gogeta and vegito or say fukk it all and keep on searching.