Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I know they will be roster characters.

That excuse about it being to much work is kinda lazy tho. this game is run on the unreal engine, it would not be too much work to design alternate costumes when you take into consideration the earning potential of this game. Guilty gear has never been as popular as other fighting games so it's understandable not to waste money designing alternate costumes that don't make the studio much money. It certainly would be easier than designing whole new characters with different move sets for character models that are already in the game. Even if it's just goku and vegeta with the alt costumes.

Some random dude literally just modded the game to replace the current ssj goku and vegeta with their base form, how hard would it really be for the people who made the game to do the same?

The issue I have is that theres only gonna be 8 dlc characters, using two for characters that are already in the game, where it would be much easier to just swap the character model, just seems like a waste of two spots.
Nah I get what you're saying, but it's not just making models and throwing em in the Unreal Engine. They gotta apply certain textures on the models to make sure the lighting/shadows hit the models in the right places to give it that "anime" feel. They even have an application dedicated to their own shader where they drop it in first before putting it in Unreal. It's a really interesting process. I'll search for the video of the guy who created this method explaining the process in detail and post it in here.

As for the modded Goku and Vegeta's, they already have their models on the disc somewhere. Dude just got those models and applied the same animations to those them if I'm not mistaken.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Found the vid I was talking about. Kinda long, but real cool if you're into this kinda stuff or are just curious in general.

Imagine going into that kind of detail for each character. Then add the amount of fan service and other detail they're giving for those characters as well.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
seems like people us a combination of black, kid buu, and a random.
Goku Black is a legit problem. Not because of the projectiles but that damn free vanish. You get someone who knows how time assists right along with that and you're stuck at a huge disadvantage until he's dead.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
For now, I'm rolling with SSGSS Vegeta, Goku Black (everyone uses him lol), and Cell. I haven't played much online but I been in the lab a bit, so I'm catching dudes off guard when they see my white box lol. Won most of my matches yesterday. Gonna dive into ranked soon, but I heard the rage quitting is ridiculous on there.

I really haven't logged many hours in this. Been so busy lately :francis:

Haven't even touched MH yet :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
For now, I'm rolling with SSGSS Vegeta, Goku Black (everyone uses him lol), and Cell. I haven't played much online but I been in the lab a bit, so I'm catching dudes off guard when they see my white box lol. Won most of my matches yesterday. Gonna dive into ranked soon, but I heard the rage quitting is ridiculous on there.

I really haven't logged many hours in this. Been so busy lately :francis:

Haven't even touched MH yet :yeshrug:
MH came back for my time hard :manny: I'm swooping in after those SOS flares like Tony Stark :wow:

I had to straight up abandon Hit after seeing one good one though. I'm pretty much committed to 21 and Yamcha now, but as for that third I'm clueless. I was almost ready to stick to Teen Gohan but the range on his normals is just so fukking bad. I really want to make sure I got at least one person with a dragon punch or solid wakeup in this game. A few DPs will make anyone fall back. Defensive options are really hard to come by as is and I'm not gonna front like I can just keep my foot on someone's neck 24/7.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So far I’m going with Gotenks, Kid Buu, and Android 16:ehh:

Not finalize yet. Still making adjustments

Android 16 might be on the chopping block :ufdup: