Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

llt23

All Star
Daps
i use a mad catz soul calibur v soul edition stick from years back. played pad for most games even though i had it but i'm back relearning everything

best overall stick out imo is the Razer Panthera. a lot of top players in every fighting game use it, its easy to customize, decent size and weight, price isn't bad. if you're gonna get a stick, just get that one. don't get no entry level bullshyt or cheaper sub-par sticks like HORI Rap4, or Qanba Drone, etc etc.

Hori RAPIV is a great stick to start out with. Tourney quality parts. That is not a budget stick. Hori does have a budget smaller stick and that one is not recommended.

No sense in paying 200 dollars for a stick, especially when its the same buttons and joysticks as last gen and those were 150.

Even the other Hori models like the RAP N are 30 dollars under 200 if you want a bigger base than what the RAPIV has(RAPIV has less length) at 150 bucks.

Razer sticks have a bad history of breaking, if you are gonna spend 200 id probably recommend Qanba. Madcatz is trash. Either way Id recommend Hori.

Last edited:

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps

ImpossibleDismalCottontail-max-1mb.gif

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I was using the Gunlance and yeah thats what I tried to do. Dude move 2 steps, knocked me down, then proceeded to body me :deadrose:
I had better luck with the Glaive but kept running outta time.
wearing the rocksteady mantle will negate the knockback effect

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Hori RAPIV is a great stick to start out with. Tourney quality parts. That is not a budget stick. Hori does have a budget smaller stick and that one is not recommended.

No sense in paying 200 dollars for a stick, especially when its the same buttons and joysticks as last gen and those were 150.

Even the other Hori models like the RAP N are 30 dollars under 200 if you want a bigger base than what the RAPIV has(RAPIV has less length) at 150 bucks.

Razer sticks have a bad history of breaking, if you are gonna spend 200 id probably recommend Qanba. Madcatz is trash. Either way Id recommend Hori.
all the beginners i know that have the Rap4 have trouble with the sensitivity of the buttons and movement on the stick. the non beginners that i know with Hori sticks replaced the buttons with Sanwas, and the stick with either an actuator + tension spring, or straight up replaced it with a Sanwa JLF or Crown. they were better off just getting a stick with Sanwa parts to begin with

llt23

All Star
Daps
all the beginners i know that have the Rap4 have trouble with the sensitivity of the buttons and movement on the stick. the non beginners that i know with Hori sticks replaced the buttons with Sanwas, and the stick with either an actuator + tension spring, or straight up replaced it with a Sanwa JLF or Crown. they were better off just getting a stick with Sanwa parts to begin with

Sanwa parts vs Hayabusa is personal preference, not a quality thing. Lot of tournament players use Hori stuff breh. Especially in this gen. The VLX is especially popular for people who want premium quality and those use the hayabusa parts. Plus Sanwa buttons are much easier to press down so Im not sure what you are getting at about sensitivity. Hori is legit and not to be discredited, plus they are offering a better price than the competition.

Just because you know some cats who replaced stuff with JLF doesnt mean its universal. Theres others I know who i respect 1 million times over who replaced joysticks with certain Seimitsu ones, it doesnt mean I would discredit Sanwa or Hori.

Last edited:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Sanwa parts vs Hayabusa is personal preference, not a quality thing. Lot of tournament players use Hori stuff breh. Especially in this gen. The VLX is especially popular for people who want premium quality and those use the hayabusa parts. Plus Sanwa buttons are much easier to press down so Im not sure what you are getting at about sensitivity. Hori is legit and not to be discredited, plus they are offering a better price than the competition.

Just because you know some cats who replaced stuff with JLF doesnt mean its universal. Theres others I know who i respect 1 million times over who replaced joysticks with certain Seimitsu ones, it doesnt mean I would discredit Sanwa or Hori.
of course its personal preference and never said anything about it being universal, just posting my personal experience with the products. yours differs and thats fine, its a big world.