Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Dragon Age 2 = try that in A Small Town

I liked them all though, still looking forward to this one

DA 2 is my favorite but only on consoles. The Action combat was WILD, I loved it.

Also had my favorite characters of the series and I loved the overall gameplay mechanics.

Definitely needed more time in the oven though.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I’ve been working my way through Inquisition for the past few weeks.

When it first came out, I only made it to when you get to Skyhold and meet Hawke.

I’m about 100 hours in, trying to finish the first 2 DLCs before I do the last main quest and final DLC. I’m enjoying it, but I’m also using some mods to improve things.

Inquisition was my first (and only) Dragon Age game, and i think my first ps4 game. Loved it.

I put the usual 100 hours in, however i wasn't aware of/never got the DLC. Sadly, 6 years later when i got a ps5 i stored my ps4 at my folks spot and a dumbass cousin visited them and deleted all my saved shyt.. this was before i ever did cloud uploads.
Inquisition, GoW 2018, Last of Us 1... all the work i put in.... gone :francis:

Long story short im debating starting from scratch and getting the DLCs now that it's been a decade but i'm annoyed it's come down to this lol

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I finished Inquisition a couple of days ago.

The end of the Trespasser DLC was great. The music during final boss and that last conversation was excellent.

I should've made better choices. I left Hawke behind in the fade. I made Cass the new Divine. And I disbanded the Inquisition. But I'm super happy with the, "We're coming for you, Solas" choice at the end.

"If you destroy the veil wouldn't the false gods be freed?"
"I had plans."

What? His plans started this entire thing in the first place. No redemption for Solas!

I didn't have high approval with Sera, so she was short with me at the palace. I didn't get to do an activity with her either, it just wasn't an option. I'm assuming Cole had a companion quest in the main game which I didn't do. So he wasn't there and a loading screen said no one remember anyone named Cole in the Inquisition. And I had to kill Iron Bull when he betrayed the squad.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Inquisition was my first (and only) Dragon Age game, and i think my first ps4 game. Loved it.

I put the usual 100 hours in, however i wasn't aware of/never got the DLC. Sadly, 6 years later when i got a ps5 i stored my ps4 at my folks spot and a dumbass cousin visited them and deleted all my saved shyt.. this was before i ever did cloud uploads.
Inquisition, GoW 2018, Last of Us 1... all the work i put in.... gone :francis:

Long story short im debating starting from scratch and getting the DLCs now that it's been a decade but i'm annoyed it's come down to this lol
Cousin deleting save files?! How old are you?

This sound like some childhood pokemon yellow (a game which is very hard btw) shyt

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Old enough that i shouldn't let that shyt piss me off as much as it did :francis:

Damn, I got 1411 hrs on DAI, so many runs in anticipation for Dreadwolf. I would have hemmed up your cousin if he did that to me :skip:
threat-collar-grab.gif

I finished Inquisition a couple of days ago.

The end of the Trespasser DLC was great. The music during final boss and that last conversation was excellent.

I should've made better choices. I left Hawke behind in the fade. I made Cass the new Divine. And I disbanded the Inquisition. But I'm super happy with the, "We're coming for you, Solas" choice at the end.

"If you destroy the veil wouldn't the false gods be freed?"
"I had plans."

What? His plans started this entire thing in the first place. No redemption for Solas!

I didn't have high approval with Sera, so she was short with me at the palace. I didn't get to do an activity with her either, it just wasn't an option. I'm assuming Cole had a companion quest in the main game which I didn't do. So he wasn't there and a loading screen said no one remember anyone named Cole in the Inquisition. And I had to kill Iron Bull when he betrayed the squad.

:myman: My main playthrough I disbanded the Inquisition, committed to stopping Solas, and supported a softened Leliana as Divine.

IIRC most of my Inquisition squad ended up with good endings except for Blackwall (I got mad after that Warden mess and gave all of them the :camby:), Vivienne and Sera.

Even though I already got the platinum I left some trophies behind on Hakkon and Tresspasser DLC and coming off Dragon's Dogma 2 just gave me the itch to play it all again. :wow:

Flexington

All Star
Daps

I put the usual 100 hours in, however i wasn't aware of/never got the DLC.
I'm in the same boat. It was my first DA and I played when it released and didn't keep up with the DLC

yall got me wanting to play through inquisition again with all this talk :wow:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It is and Solas is one of the most well-written characters in Bioware history.

Heroes are great because of the villains they face. How tough is the climb to overcome adversity? Batman wouldn't be as popular if the Joker wasn't batshyt crazy.

Things like the betrayal of Iron Bull, coming to find out what and who Solas was was a true :ohhh:moment for me. The one thing that did rub me the wrong way was the simplification of the battle system. I expect Dread Wolf to be similar to Inquisition in that regard but everything else was top tier RPG gaming breh.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is and Solas is one of the most well-written characters in Bioware history.

Heroes are great because of the villains they face. How tough is the climb to overcome adversity? Batman wouldn't be as popular if the Joker wasn't batshyt crazy.

Things like the betrayal of Iron Bull, coming to find out what and who Solas was was a true :ohhh:moment for me. The one thing that did rub me the wrong way was the simplification of the battle system. I expect Dread Wolf to be similar to Inquisition in that regard but everything else was top tier RPG gaming breh.
If that’s how you feel breh :yeshrug:

I’m not gonna argue about it, we have different opinions but Inquisition is a dope game just not my personal favorite