Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
IMO. DAI is easily the best of the series. Damn I hope they don't screw up the combat in the new game.
Hey man fellow DA fans are a rare breed these days so I’ll be as gentle as I’m able to, but your opinion on this matter is possible trash. Lmao. I enjoyed and finished DAI but it felt like a single player MMO. Lot of busy work and “go do all that shyt before I can let you through” type. Origins is unmatched.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hey man fellow DA fans are a rare breed these days so I’ll be as gentle as I’m able to, but your opinion on this matter is possible trash. Lmao. I enjoyed and finished DAI but it felt like a single player MMO. Lot of busy work and “go do all that shyt before I can let you through” type. Origins is unmatched.
So my opinion is trash because it's different than yours? Hmmm. So then your opinion is trash too then. Isn't that something? Ask me how many fukks I give.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm kinda in the middle - I think DA/DA:O got its props because it was different from traditional CRPGs at the time. And it was great.

At the same time, DA:I got a lot of attention for what it wasn't instead of what it was. Like the busy work/material stuff wasn't that different from anything in other stuff in the genre at the time. Witcher, ME, Skyrim, Fallout, all had a resource crunch in some form or another. Hell, Baldurs Gate 3 will teach players to pick up literally everything they can highlight lol... But because DA:I didn't pivot far enough away from DA2 (which probably shouldn't have been called DA2 at all fr), there was just more pushback from fans of the 1st title and Bioware in general.

Like dead ass if they pallet swap DA for KOTOR and keep the principal bones/themes/focus of this, people would treat it entirely differently. Like I just finished the palace section tonight and this shyt is written better than stuff that gets glazed or regularly conveniently ignored in Mass Effect.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I will forever ride with Bioware. They are the goats at this shyt. I hope Dreadwolf is a hit cause it'll give them the green light to push the next mass effect and I need that in my life :to:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm kinda in the middle - I think DA/DA:O got its props because it was different from traditional CRPGs at the time. And it was great.

At the same time, DA:I got a lot of attention for what it wasn't instead of what it was. Like the busy work/material stuff wasn't that different from anything in other stuff in the genre at the time. Witcher, ME, Skyrim, Fallout, all had a resource crunch in some form or another. Hell, Baldurs Gate 3 will teach players to pick up literally everything they can highlight lol... But because DA:I didn't pivot far enough away from DA2 (which probably shouldn't have been called DA2 at all fr), there was just more pushback from fans of the 1st title and Bioware in general.

Like dead ass if they pallet swap DA for KOTOR and keep the principal bones/themes/focus of this, people would treat it entirely differently. Like I just finished the palace section tonight and this shyt is written better than stuff that gets glazed or regularly conveniently ignored in Mass Effect.
DA2 was originally titled Dragon Age: Exodus

Hostile

All Star
Daps
I will forever ride with Bioware. They are the goats at this shyt. I hope Dreadwolf is a hit cause it'll give them the green light to push the next mass effect and I need that in my life :to:
The people that worked on the GOAT games are gone.

Chef

All Star
Daps
What fukked up my enjoyment of DAI is it felt like a copy of Mass Effect Andromeda. It’s a better game than MEA but the combat systems felt to similar with the charge and prime combos.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

EXCLUSIVE: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is officially being renamed to Dragon Age: The Veilguard ahead of its big gameplay reveal on June 11. In an exclusive interview with IGN, BioWare GM Gary McKay explained the decision while teasing new info: https://bit.ly/3VdSwLh
GPZg8uNaUAA0UGF

11:00 AM · Jun 6, 2024

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I'm someone who only ever played DA Inquisition, and really liked it. What do yall think would be the best old DA game for me to try if I want more?