Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Discussion Thread

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
If you like RPGs just buy this. Wait till after Christmas if the price is too high. The ads that come out in the newspaper after Christmas usually have all new games on sale.
I like RPGs to a certain extent....is it really fun breh or are these dudes just pumping up the game..

i dont like RPGs that are too fukkin complex btw

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I like RPGs to a certain extent....is it really fun breh or are these dudes just pumping up the game..

i dont like RPGs that are too fukkin complex btw
I'd say it's comparable to Mass Effect or Fallout 3 or Skyrim in that there's an open world with tons of stuff to do in it. Truth is this is Mass Effect in the middle ages. The game is a blast. It can be a bit overwhelming. It doesn't really hold your hand and tell you what to do there's just a bunch of stuff. To do main story missions you have to build up power and influence through the world and when you get enough power points main story missions can be unlocked.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
riddle me this...

why the fukk do i have to manually...auto-level

manual...auto. they are opposites for a reason

they left a lot of holes in game design and they are starting to add up for me...
does auto-leveling not work? or are you just saying it's not 'default'? I don't think it would a good idea to have auto-leveling be the default in this kind of RPG. many people would miss the fact that you can do it manually

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
does auto-leveling not work? or are you just saying it's not 'default'? I don't think it would a good idea to have auto-leveling be the default in this kind of RPG. many people would miss the fact that you can do it manually
I think he's saying he wants the game to automatically auto level but you should build your own characters playing this game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think he's saying he wants the game to automatically auto level but you should build your own characters playing this game.
yep, how you build your party and choose your new abilities is important in these types of games

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
nah im saying id like the option to be hands off. not at the expense of whats there now

i gotta stop drunk posting lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nah im saying id like the option to be hands off. not at the expense of whats there now

i gotta stop drunk posting lol
being hands off would mean the game automatically does it for you which would rob you of being able to set a strategy and build a party effectively.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
being hands off would mean the game automatically does it for you which would rob you of being able to set a strategy and build a party effectively.
well its half hands off now. you can let the game do it, but you have to do it manually. so in effect its already there. i want a set it and forget it option

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
well its half hands off now. you can let the game do it, but you have to do it manually. so in effect its already there. i want a set it and forget it option
the question is why would you let the game do it for you? How do you decide what abilities to use in what situation if you aren't choosing the abilities? What specializations will you get if the game picks for you?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the question is why would you let the game do it for you? How do you decide what abilities to use in what situation if you aren't choosing the abilities? What specializations will you get if the game picks for you?
I like to focus on my character for all that