Dr. Umar Johnson's School is LAUNCHING!!

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Lol why Umar always talking about his goons?

I never see no goons with him... just single mothers.
Your right. You see no men around him. No boys that is is supposed to be saving. Only single moms

plus he is playing fast and loose with the IRS now. That shyt is going to catch up with him quickly

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
What's the latest on the school

Everything's on hold b/c of what's been going on, Umar's school is gonna open and the argument is going to change to the curriculum is trash, they ain't got school lunches etc etc....

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Everything's on hold b/c of what's been going on, Umar's school is gonna open and the argument is going to change to the curriculum is trash, they ain't got school lunches etc etc....

why would everything be on hold? lol construction crews out here been working like a mufukka since this whole thing started. hell they're one of the industries that never stopped working.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
giphy.gif

He has the school for over a year and does not even have the lights on:mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
why would everything be on hold? lol construction crews out here been working like a mufukka since this whole thing started. hell they're one of the industries that never stopped working.
giphy.gif

He has the school for over a year and does not even have the lights on:mjlol:

giphy.gif

This is also how everybody was laughing and cackling when he said he raised 750K and it took him forever to find a building

He's moving slow because he spent all the money up on the buildings...but trust me, it'll open. :sas2:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Thank you
Prince of africanism
Much praises

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
giphy.gif

This is also how everybody was laughing and cackling when he said he raised 750K and it took him forever to find a building

He's moving slow because he spent all the money up on the buildings...but trust me, it'll open. :sas2:
You way too optimistic about this. Which is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately Umar is not moving like someone who can be entrusted with the large task of managing a school let alone acquiring the neccessary funds to get if operational.

I'm not even hating. But look at this man and how he's acting and ask yourswlf if you would want your son or daughter being taught by him at his school.

:martin:

He's shown himself to be not up to task numerous times. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he's continued to disappoint.

As an educator he needs to be held to a higher standard sadly he doesnt hold himself to any standard. He thinks if he slick talks and asks for donations everything will be all good.

He doesn't even have a place to stay does he? Every new video I see of him he's in a park or in his car. Umar need to get it together. Maybe just put the school idea om hold. He doesnt have the funds to get the buildings up to code let alone hire teachers for a yearly curriculum.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You way too optimistic about this. Which is not a bad thing.

Unfortunately Umar is not moving like someone who can be entrusted with the large task of managing a school let alone acquiring the neccessary funds to get if operational.

I'm not even hating. But look at this man and how he's acting and ask yourswlf if you would want your son or daughter being taught by him at his school.

:martin:

He's shown himself to be not up to task numerous times. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he's continued to disappoint.

As an educator he needs to be held to a higher standard sadly he doesnt hold himself to any standard. He thinks if he slick talks and asks for donations everything will be all good.

He doesn't even have a place to stay does he? Every new video I see of him he's in a park or in his car. Umar need to get it together. Maybe just put the school idea om hold. He doesnt have the funds to get the buildings up to code let alone hire teachers for a yearly curriculum.

But how does any of this affect you or this situation? Okay, so you don't think or feel that Umar is a trustworthy person...that means what? he needs to be locked up? executed?

and i'm not being facetious i'm asking seriously...you're allowed to your opinion breh, but none of what you said has any bearing on what's actually happening in real life.

As it stands the man has buildings..if he wants to rent them out to filmmakers, club promoters, speaking events, whatever he has to do to raise the money, so be it.

but again - as it stands, it's looking like EVENTUALLY he is going to get the school open - regardless of how people FEEL about it :heh:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
So...legit question, generally.

At what point does optimism-cautious or not-turn into pessimism?

Like, no one seems to be sure if Dr. Umar even has his own residence at this point. He lost his tax exempt status, correct? He’s having legal troubles currently?

He has buildings but they aren’t being maintained or renovated. He’s basically doing a complete 360 rewind to the beginning, where this time instead of getting a building, we’re expected to consistently donate to actually get something done with the building. Is he in danger of losing his property?

He’s literally doing all of this himself? No “team” in place where he can delegate responsibilities and putting people who know what they’re doing in positions to help make his dream a reality within a reasonable enough time frame? No hooking with a Brother or Sister or two that would love to help see his vision through and have the right connections and skills when it comes to fundraising?

Is he Really only putting all his eggs in the basket of regular ass people making small, basic donations either regularly, whenever they feel like it, or when he happens to drop in on their city for a chat or a speech?

Is it fair to say he’s not dedicating every single solid day of his life right now to clearing up anything and everything in terms of obstacles that’s preventing his school from becoming a true thing? I won’t judge by the infamous “Donations” clip to be fair.

This been going on a decade already? Unless I’m wrong. So an 8 year old Black boy that could’ve really used this school is about to (or already have) graduate from high school.

No disrespect Brehs, no disrespeck at all! But play Devil’s Advocate here: How is this school realistically getting built and opened?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
^^^ brehs, let me tell y'all. I've seen HBCU's that are open that have had dilapidated buildings with huge holes in the sides of em.

condemned buildings on campus mixed right in with the functioning buildings, i've sat in desks in the 2000's that looked like this

110623601981.jpg

The way y'all stalk and monitor UMAR is just weird...here's the kicker: even if the school fails, nobody was hurt and no crime was committed, it would have been just a failed business venture

the real question is why are you dudes so vested in watching this man FAIL at trying to do something positive? can somebody please answer that? is it just because y'all find it funny? i'm asking seriously. :jbhmm: