Dr. Umar Johnson - School Fund Raising Campaign

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
no but I live in Canada, I have to ship this cheque because I dont wanna drop a cheque in the regular mail box :dahell:

Why wouldn't you want to put a check in a regular mailbox? What you think gonna happen, someone from the post office is going to steal the check, make a fake bank account with Umar's name in it, and cash it :what:?

I don't know much about the Canadian postal system, but they can't be that demonic, friend :sitdown:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Proactionary - Black people need to build independent schools that they control autonomously that should include the following sciences as part of their core curriculum:
  • Agricultural/Agronomical Science - understanding how to grow our own foods
  • Nutritional Science - knowing when/what/how to eat
  • Political Science - understanding why things that are happening today to black people are the way they are
  • Economic/Financial Science - understanding how money works
  • Military Science - understanding how to work within an oppressive system as black people
  • Spiritual Science - understanding of African spiritual systems
  • Science of the Black Family - understanding of black male and female relationships

Reactionary - Black parents need to form an independent black parents association that focuses on the following committees:
  • Special Ed Committee - investigate how/why black children are being placed into special ed and how the money is being distributed
  • School Discipline Committee - investigate how black children are being disciplined and determine which schools, teachers, and administration are responsible
  • School Finance Committee - investigate where the money is being distributed within the school
  • School Policy Committee - investigate what policies are in place and how are they affecting black children

Question? Will there be a focus on traditional education? All of this is fine and all, but only in conjunction with traditional education, otherwise much of this is just nonsense. "Understanding of African spiritual systems" :rudy:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Proactionary - Black people need to build independent schools that they control autonomously that should include the following sciences as part of their core curriculum:
  • Agricultural/Agronomical Science - understanding how to grow our own foods
  • Nutritional Science - knowing when/what/how to eat
  • Political Science - understanding why things that are happening today to black people are the way they are
  • Economic/Financial Science - understanding how money works
  • Military Science - understanding how to work within an oppressive system as black people
  • Spiritual Science - understanding of African spiritual systems
  • Science of the Black Family - understanding of black male and female relationships

Reactionary - Black parents need to form an independent black parents association that focuses on the following committees:
  • Special Ed Committee - investigate how/why black children are being placed into special ed and how the money is being distributed
  • School Discipline Committee - investigate how black children are being disciplined and determine which schools, teachers, and administration are responsible
  • School Finance Committee - investigate where the money is being distributed within the school
  • School Policy Committee - investigate what policies are in place and how are they affecting black children

Question? Will there be a focus on traditional education? All of this is fine and all, but only in conjunction with traditional education, otherwise much of this is just nonsense. "Understanding of African spiritual systems" :rudy:

In the interview, he stated that will be taught on top of the common core curriculum

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Those familiar with Umar's lectures knows he's been working towards starting an African centered school for black boys and girls. He believes that black children, with black boys in particular, will not receive the proper education needed in the white social order due to systematic racism and white supremacy. He's asking for black men and women to donate to him so he can purchase the Saint Paul's College in Lawrenceville, VA and start his academy.

If you're interested in helping, you can donate to the cause by visiting Umar Johnson School and by sending a check to the address below:

FDMG Academy
c/o Dr. Umar Johnson
P.O. Box 6872
Philadelphia, PA 19132

I'm bout to send the breh a check for a thousand dollars today. I've been saying for a long time we need our own institutions and I'd look like the greatest hypocrite if I didn't support him and his endeavors. Personally, I'm planning on donating a g a month until the fundraising campaign is over.

I'm also gonna reach out to him to help redesign that website, shyt is looking kinda :flabbynsick:

For those not familiar with him, here's a snippet of an interview with him talking about some of the ideas he'll have in his school:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/university-of-dc-forum-interviews-dr-umar-johnson.198988/

I will make a donation this weekend. :to:

Alot of people lie and bullshiit on the coli so no matter how many 5 stars/positive comments people post. I dont believe a lot of yall will actually follow through.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I will make a donation this weekend. :to:

Alot of people lie and bullshiit on the coli so no matter how many 5 stars/positive comments people post. I dont believe a lot of yall will actually follow through.

I told myself a long time ago to not concern myself with what others are doing. I know I'm gonna do my part and send him a check. Hopefully he meets his goal and the school is a success.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Kickstarter, for example, takes 5% off top. Then if you process via a credit card, the CC company takes another 2%. If you add the ability to process your payment via your Amazon account, that's another 3-5%. That's damn near 10% of your money going to processing fees. Not sure if you have to pay taxes on the money you do get, but if so that's another say 5-10% (just guessing on the amount).

I haven't written a check in about 5 years or so. I don't even have any checks. But I'll still be donating. I believe in what he's trying to accomplish.
Im pretty sure he will accept a money order as well. If that is the case, then walk into your post office and hand them cash/credit and tell them the amount. I plan on sending a money order.

Plus money orders wont require them 2 weeks to clear.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told myself a long time ago to not concern myself with what others are doing. I know I'm gonna do my part and send him a check. Hopefully he meets his goal and the school is a success.
You right. Im still pissed off at the Business Co-op thread I made. I spent all that time putting things together and out of 37+ people who voted that they want to be a part of it...only 5 signed up (including me).

I wasn't even asking for a donation. I was creating the a opportunity for every body to make money. Anyway. Forget that.

I am definitely donating and I hope more donate as well.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
@bdizzle :salute:.....was looking for this

N#ggas will stand out side for hours for Jordans, skip rent to ball in the club and drop their kids off with grandmom to not pay for daycare, so they can buy some damn weave. But compain about not having a Paypal to start a school dedicated to black children:comeon:

Yea, I would like a Paypal option like with Harvest Institute and NOI, but I'm damn sure going to send money either way. And that may come later on anyway.

We always talk about "we need this, we need that." Well, everything we need takes money, and it starts with everybody sending something. Doesn't have to $1000 or $100......it could $25....it could be $10. Just be proactive.

Peace

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle :salute:.....was looking for this

N#ggas will stand out side for hours for Jordans, skip rent to ball in the club and drop their kids off with grandmom to not pay for daycare, so they can buy some damn weave. But compain about not having a Paypal to start a school dedicated to black children:comeon:

Yea, I would like a Paypal option like with Harvest Institute and NOI, but I'm damn sure going to send money either way. And that may come later on anyway.

We always talk about "we need this, we need that." Well, everything we need takes money, and it starts with everybody sending something. Doesn't have to $1000 or $100......it could $25....it could be $10. Just be proactive.

Peace

Cosign. It takes money for shyt to happen, unless you're already wealthy. Umar seems genuine so I'm def gonna be a long time supporter. The Harlem Children's Zone is another school that I support. They're not a Pan African centered school like Umar's is, but he's doing good work.

When I send my check, I'm gonna send a letter and my resume asking if he needs help with the IT portion of the curriculum. Ima make sure them dudes leave high school with at least 6 certs :blessed: