Dr. Phil: 15 year white girl was SA, falsely accused 29 year breh with family of doing it, he went to jail...

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THE STORY

For 16 years, Loretta Zilinger loathed Dean Cage for what she believed he did to her when she was 15 years old.

Dressed in her immaculate Catholic school uniform, she was on her way to class in October 1994. She heard footsteps coming up behind her. By then, it was too late.

A tall man attacked her, hauled her into an empty building and threatened to kill her. She kept her eyes open as he performed sex acts on her. She used her hands to touch his face; her fingers traced his nose, his eyes and his lips. She wanted to remember him.

Several days later, Chicago police brought her into the meat market where Dean Cage, a tall black man, worked. A police officer instructed her to identify her attacker by gently tapping the officer's arm.

Instead, she wailed frantically.

She pointed at Dean Cage.

'I'm innocent'

Cage, then 26, was shocked when the police arrested him.

"I'm innocent," he insisted.

That didn't matter. Two years later in 1996, Zilinger's testimony would convict Cage, sending him to prison for 40 years. Zilinger was absolutely sure. Even his voice sounded like her attacker's, she said.

After four appeals and 14 years in prison, Cage won his freedom. A sample of the assailant's saliva, retrieved from the victim's body in 1994, was the proof he needed. A DNA test, which was not available at the time of the trial, was performed on the saliva and excluded him.

Cage was exonerated in May 2008.

Since his release, re-integration into society has been harder than Cage expected. He works a minimum wage job at a barbeque joint to earn rent money for his family.

Things are looking up, though. His wedding has been delayed for 16 years, first by his wrongful arrest in 1994 and recently by the rocky economy.:francis:
Sorry man. He got a good lawyer to sue the state? Wtf?

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
He got paid in 2016, but u still loss out on 14 years of your life, because this bytch said your voice sound like the attacker

fukk Chicago PD and all these lazy ass police departments

The City of Chicago paid $7,625,000 to settle a civil rights action brought by a former prisoner who was wrongfully convicted of rape and exonerated by DNA evidence.

Dean Cage was 27 years old when he was arrested for the November 1994 rape of a 15-year-old girl as she walked to school on a dark Chicago street. The victim, Loretta Zilinger, was attacked from behind and brutally raped orally and anally in a stairwell. After treatment at a hospital, she helped police create a composite sketch of a tall African-American suspect.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm not forgiving that bytch. Went to jail and was separated from his child for 14 years. His name is mud. While the real perpetrator was freely committing egregious sexual acts.

fukk that.

I feel the same way as ya’ll. But over the years i’ve been told that people who go through traumatic experiences are advised by their therapists that forgiveness is the best way to let go. That young man suffered horrendously due to the racism of the court system, the racism of the “victim”, and the racism of society. We have NO IDEA what he had to go through to survive all of those years in hell knowing that he was innocent. So I say that if forgiveness brings HIM peace in any way then thats good for HIM not her necessarily.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I feel the same way as ya’ll. But over the years i’ve been told that people who go through traumatic experiences are advised by their therapists that forgiveness is the best way to let go. That young man suffered horrendously due to the racism of the court system, the racism of the “victim”, and the racism of society. We have NO IDEA what he had to go through to survive all of those years in hell knowing that he was innocent. So I say that if forgiveness brings HIM peace in any way then thats good for HIM not her necessarily.
You're right. I went to my first reaction, which was fukk forgiveness.

I have to remember that this was a teenage girl who went through the trauma of sexual assault. The Chicago PD cajoled a vulnerable person to ID an innocent man.

And the "Justice System" allowed an innocent man to go to jail even though he had an alibi and they had no evidence.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Me myself, I couldn’t face my liar after serving time in prison, day by day waking up around mentally ill nikkas, killers, real rapist and having to watch my back, fight and most importantly not able to start/have a family and not able to hug my pops and mom and enjoying freedom..

Also immediately with the invention of DNA testing i had to go through 4 appeals kust to prove my innocence, it’s a lifetime of fukk that bytch and fukk the cops and prosecutors….

This dude was proved innocent but still was unable to get a good paying job for himself to take care of his kids he missed

He had to wait another 8 years just to win that 7 million dollars..

This is why i stay far away from white women in isolated areas and will always have hate towards these lazy cops

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Criminal police work. Criminal judge work.
Detectives “manufactured ‘evidence’ that falsely implicated” Cage, the complaint alleged. That included Chicago crime lab analysts who tested Zilinger’s clothing and created a misleading report about the presence of biological evidence that concealed exculpatory evidence.

Devils....