Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
no it's not. we only hear about the successful deals and not the truck load of VCs that lost money and went under.
Its a book I really like that talks about this and how people only see this stuff. Dude said wealth is a process not an event and most people only see the event and it fukks them up chasing events instead of process

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Its a book I really like that talks about this and how people only see this stuff. Dude said wealth is a process not an event and most people only see the event and it fukks them up chasing events instead of process

Did u read that in the Millionaire Fastlane by chance? Yeah its like the NFL draft going on right now for instance. People see these athletes getting drafted and getting one step closer to becoming a millionaire but what the didn't see were all those years of fall/spring practice, studying playbooks, football summer camp, etc. Getting rich is a process...u gotta put years in to get to that one second: payday.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Did u read that in the Millionaire Fastlane by chance? Yeah its like the NFL draft going on right now for instance. People see these athletes getting drafted and getting one step closer to becoming a millionaire but what the didn't see were all those years of fall/spring practice, studying playbooks, football summer camp, etc. Getting rich is a process...u gotta put years in to get to that one second: payday.
Exactly that is the book and 10000% truth. It has helped me out so much and why I differ with what people say about getting money on here most of the time. The author is a cool dude that I've had a few convos with. Honestly surprised somebody else has read that on here.

really

All Star
Daps
"Since he's a resident of California, which treats a capital gain as ordinary income, he would likely pay up to a third of his windfall in taxes."

maury-povich.jpg

1IKqpUq.png

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Exactly that is the book and 10000% truth. It has helped me out so much and why I differ with what people say about getting money on here most of the time. The author is a cool dude that I've had a few convos with. Honestly surprised somebody else has read that on here.

Yeah that book is definitely the truth. I need to read it again to get a refresher. I also like How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis. I checked out Millionaire Fastlane cause the author actually got rich off of creating a business, not by selling books on how to get rich lol. Same with Felix Dennis.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yeah that book is definitely the truth. I need to read it again to get a refresher. I also like How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis. I checked out Millionaire Fastlane cause the author actually got rich off of creating a business, not by selling books on how to get rich lol. Same with Felix Dennis.
Thats the same reason I checked it out and was just starting running a business myself at the time was looking for motivation/advice. I still refer to it often though when I need a refresher. I need to check that Felix Dennis book out. Props on that book suggestion.

Bam Bam

Mr. Baclava
Daps
Reppin
NYSea
For the record.... Dre's Current Networth of $500million is with the VALUE OF BEATS FACTORED IN ALREADY....

So Lets drop his Networth to $200million.....

They sell beats for $3.2billion, dre will get, $1BILLION IF HE'S LUCKY (Jimmy iovene and some other guy have at least a 3rd share)....

$1billion = $500million after taxes

So after taxes, Dre will have about $700million dollars, best case scenario....

ALl his money will be liquid tho... But he def won't be a billionaire, let alone MULTI-Billionaire

:dahell:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats to Dre. But I'm wondering if they could of held out a few more years and it would of been worth even more. I guess they wanted to cash out now. But Dre earned it. Look at that, 90's Era Top of the Forbes list. I still give Puff his props for constantly growing his wealth to 700 Million. Jay is kinda stuck in the 500 Million range so he needs to find some more bigger business ventures. Puff jumped huge with Revolt. Dre with Beats. Getting folks to drop up past two bills on some headphones. Apple saw the long term potential. But Dre is a Legend and his Legacy has produced Classics in the 80's, 90's and the new millennium. Not to mention all the countless artist he's credited with breaking. LOL @ him and Tyrese in that video. Talk that sh!t. So I got nothing but love for Dre. He can drop Detox when he wants. Everyone wondering about Detox, Dre out here doing multi-Billion Dollar Deals. Give's whole new meaning to "Keeps the Heads Ringing":

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
^

They probably could have held out for more, but they're smart to sell now before another better positioned company produces a quality knockoff to cut into their market share. Or before the public moves onto the next fad.

Have we gotten a response from 50? To me that's the most interesting part of the whole BEATS story. Dre and Jimmy were straight up ruthless the way they quietly slaughtered their cash cow and flipped all that money they made off him into an empire.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps

Links to the books mentioned:
Felix Dennis - How to Get Rich - Download - 4shared

mj demarco - the millionaire fastlane copy - Download - 4shared

You guys should also check out The Four Hour Work Week- its got good reviews on Amazon
Tim Ferris - The 4-Hour Workweek - Download - 4shared

Don't know how to use spoilers help

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dre on a hundred, thousand...billion...literally:leon:

...Puff instead of the liquor, should have been awll up in them headphones:takedat: