Dr. Dre Bemoans Multiple Producers Working On Same Album: 'I Don't Like It'

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dr. Dre has publicly criticized rap albums that feature production from a large number of producers.

Despite heavily relying on co-producers on his last album Compton, Dre used his interview with Stephen A. Smith to criticize Hip Hop’s move away from using only one or a small number of producers on a project.

“Find your collaborator. I don’t like the fact that there are, like, nine different producers on one album. I like the idea of one producer on one album. Continuity is everything,” he said.

Asked by Smith where the trend came from, Dre replied: “I don’t know, but I don’t like it.”

He added: “If you a producer, you should be able to produce the entire album. That’s what I thought it was supposed to be. That’s what I was doing at the beginning.”

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
bekphnqftcb41.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He had another super group I forgot their name, it had Mel Man, scorch, etc.
Yeah, they were on 2001 but he produced each song. Mel co-produced. Scott and others played instruments/keys and shyt that Dre wanted.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah, they were on 2001 but he produced each song. Mel co-produced. Scott and others played instruments/keys and shyt that Dre wanted.

About to say lmao. I kinda figured Dre talking mostly about direction but given that everybody claimed to be a producer, I got legit confused at him talking about one producer/one album, when this dude had a bunch of producers and he just arranged the sounds.

It's morning breh lmao :mjlol: