Dr. Doom is the GOAT villain...no longer debatable

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
uLWZ8BX.jpg

:smugdraper: @ Doom.

:scust: @ Stark walking around with herpes on his lip.

35kL7B0.jpg

That diplomatic immunity.:banderas:
S.H.I.E.L.D. agents asking for a picture with the gawd.

tumblr_mchsecFmYq1qj8jyzo1_500.jpg

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Yeah Doom is a complex villain, I wish both Fantastic Four films got the Dark Knight treatment. Doom wasn't represented right in the first and I know their gonna shyt on him in this reboot.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Lol...man TDKR and The Killing Joke are revered because of the time they came out. Comic book writing in the mid-80's wasn't really advanced from a literary and academic standpoint, so stuff like TDKR and Watchmen were landmark. Comic book writing has advanced greatly since then. Almost all the top writers write outside of comic books.

I first read TDKR in about a year ago and my reaction was "That's it?" I was thoroughly unimpressed and underwhelmed. It guess it's like someone going back and listening to mid-80's rap who missed or was too young back then. Rakim and BDK just don't wow someone that grew up listening to Nas and Lupe. Let's not even talk about how absurd and completely nonsensical it is that the mutants and the batmen go from raping and killing babies like A Clockwork Orange psychopaths to being superheroes just because Batman beat up their leader and gave them a pep talk. :deadmanny:

The Killing Joke was better, but it wasn't all that impressive to me either reading it for the first time in 2013. The Watchmen has held up much better than both of them imo.

Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, which is the topic of this thread, is light years beyond TDKR.

shyt, the aforementioned Doomwar story where the panther God Bast was forced to allow Doom in the vibranium vault because his intent was pure despite being a would-be genocidal tyrant running a utopian police world, as he had seen all potential timelines and was truly convinced he was the only hope of sustained peace on Earth was more thought-provoking and profound to me than TDKR or The Killing Joke.

:deadmanny: is it really like that? I was thinkin of coppin it yrs ago.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:deadmanny: is it really like that? I was thinkin of coppin it yrs ago.
You should still cop it. It's still a great story overall. But that's a plothole that just had me like :dahell:

These dudes were killing toddlers with chainsaws and shyt, but Batman beat up their leader and gave them a lecture and they decided to become vigilante crime fighters overnight. :deadrose:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well...
drink_stare.gif

Scientific Genius: built his own time machine, something that ol fukk boy Reed Richards couldn't do.

Mysticism: Second only to Doctor Strange when it comes to magic, and he barely even uses that shyt.

Diplomatic Immunity: Leader of his own country. Dude can't even be touched when he steps in the US. So trill:wow:

Got his mom's soul out of Hell. Just another Saturday for Doom.

Went to Wakands and crushed the buildings: Entered the Vibranium vault just by being the shyt.
Scan11633.jpg

Scan11632.jpg

Scan11634.jpg

The Egyptian Cat God that was guarding it searched Dooms soul and was like, "shyt....he's right" and let Doom into the fukking Vibranium Vault.

And while Reed was out neglecting his wife again while she was pregnant, Doom came in, delivered the baby and saved Sue. Doom even named the kid. (Valeria)

My man stole The Beyonders powers. Look that shyt up and see gangsta that shyt is.

Basically, the only reason Doom doesn't rule the world now is because he doesn't fukking want to.

well at least they wrote his i am not a villain but the savior shyt a bit better this time.

they are sitll gonna fukk it up, though.
as doom will be revealed like usual to have fooled everyone for his own agenda.
which is not what he portrays.

it is always the same ol curses, next time face ass shyt with dude.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Marvel comic books fell off once different universes started poppin off. I had that multiuniverse story line bullshyt in tv shows and movies. "Omg there's two different me's in two different universes look how compelling that is" It fkin sucks.

different universes have always been stoopid and a turn off.
shyt is bobby is alive in dallas bullshyt.
only reason kids in this genre read that shyt is they never saw bobby lives on dallas.

if they did, it would be a massive revolt against the inept direction marvel has taken since jim lee left.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lol...man TDKR and The Killing Joke are revered because of the time they came out. Comic book writing in the mid-80's wasn't really advanced from a literary and academic standpoint, so stuff like TDKR and Watchmen were landmark. Comic book writing has advanced greatly since then. Almost all the top writers write outside of comic books.

I first read TDKR in about a year ago and my reaction was "That's it?" I was thoroughly unimpressed and underwhelmed. It guess it's like someone going back and listening to mid-80's rap who missed or was too young back then. Rakim and BDK just don't wow someone that grew up listening to Nas and Lupe. Let's not even talk about how absurd and completely nonsensical it is that the mutants and the batmen go from raping and killing babies like A Clockwork Orange psychopaths to being superheroes just because Batman beat up their leader and gave them a pep talk. :deadmanny:

The Killing Joke was better, but it wasn't all that impressive to me either reading it for the first time in 2013. The Watchmen has held up much better than both of them imo.

Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, which is the topic of this thread, is light years beyond TDKR.

shyt, the aforementioned Doomwar story where the panther God Bast was forced to allow Doom in the vibranium vault because his intent was pure despite being a would-be genocidal tyrant running a utopian police world, as he had seen all potential timelines and was truly convinced he was the only hope of sustained peace on Earth was more thought-provoking and profound to me than TDKR or The Killing Joke.

dawg, this is a rehash of all the other doom situations.
ol' i can save the world i am not a villain, lemme at the undisputable power.
doom gets undisputable power,...

ha haha...
i fooled you reed richards, this is what i really planned face ass bullshyt.

shyt is the same boring bullshyt rehashed.
it isn't new or innovative, at all.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't know, man. I actually think Doom hasn't been written about enough when it comes to being one of the top tier villains. I'm just glad they got him away from being mostly connected with the Reed bytchards and the Craptastic Four.

As far as over exaggerations and inconsistencies, and being the Superman of villains, just look at Apocalypse.

Before I get negged to Bolivia, I like Apocalypse, but dude can be a confusing Time traveling mess. One day he has the power of a God and the next day he's getting sonned by two Xmen.

I'd like to see Doom done right in the movies. Imagine if Marvel had the rights, you could have all this going on with Avengers, Guardians, Thor, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther and Doom could have his finger in each movie manipulating shyt.:wow:

all of marvels omnipotent to that sector of heros villains have been written into suckitude.
from anyone from venom, apocalypse, sinister, doom, etc.
all that shyt was overused and made into bullshyt.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So a regular earth dude with no superhuman powers in a metal suit did all this?

This is Batman level tomfoolery by these writers
:trash:

it is that lex luthor becomes a god and meets marvel level of bullshyt.

i'm deso.

Jonathan Hickman is doing him justice.

Even Bendis wrote him well in The Siege prelude. That was vintage Doom. Norman Osborn was the top cop in the nation and had the Sentry in his pocket so he thought he could talk to Doom like a peer or equal. Doom was like "What...you??? :childplease:" Then proceeded to attack him in his home then threaten his son.

He's a true master villain because he fears no one and doesn't view any living being to be on his level...not even gods.

He always seemed to have a grudging respect for Magneto though, if you can call it that. He doesn't talk to him like he's a peon at least like he does everyone else. Maybe because they're both eastern Europeans who started from the bottom in oppressed social classes who ended up being bosses. And they both hate Nazis for obvious reasons.

Namor too...maybe because his arrogance rivals Doom's.

of course he fears mags,....
a half pound of pressure on that metal suit and doom has every bone in his body crushed.

man, somebody tag me when marvel figures it out.

art barr

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
it is that lex luthor becomes a god and meets marvel level of bullshyt.

i'm deso.

of course he fears mags,....
a half pound of pressure on that metal suit and doom has every bone in his body crushed.

man, somebody tag me when marvel figures it out.

art barr
:comeon: Like he couldn't come up with a way to counter Magneto's magnetism. Like someone said earlier, he's a master sorcerer and doesn't even use those skills most of the time.

He said he'll never die. He probably won't because he basically made himself into a god and acts like he has no fear of death.

I'm sure if his physical form ever expired, he has some contingency plan where another version of him from somewhere else in the space-time continuum would automatically replace himself, or his time platform would automatically send him back before his death or something like that.

Last edited: