Dozens of Formula 1 race car girls are out of a job due to feminist complaints

generic-username

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I never really got the point of having women has sideshows in sports event. If i am watching sports i am watching it for the athletic events going on on the field or court. No sports fan watches the sports to see scantily clad women dancing. No one watches boxing or MMA for the ring girls, No one watches the NBA or NFL for the cheerleaders. I seriously doubt actual F1 fans would care or even notice

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
We need another recession already so some people can actually have things to worry about. Mofos got way too much free time on their hands.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I feel bad for the girls though...what other jobs are they skilled for? You spent the past five years standing in one spot on a race track, holding a flag, umbrella, lap number or a drivers name up for a few moments before walking around the track and generally just looking good...can't imagine there are any decent jobs that are going to pay them as much for such little work.
Firstly, being an F1 grid girl is a once off gig. They only work during the raceweek when F1 rolls into whatever country they're from :comeon:.

Secondly, there are other race series besides F1 and Nascar (:scust:)

Thirdly, most of them are models, so they're always searching for new gigs. It's part of the job

Daps
I never really got the point of having women has sideshows in sports event. If i am watching sports i am watching it for the athletic events going on on the field or court. No sports fan watches the sports to see scantily clad women dancing. No one watches boxing or MMA for the ring girls, No one watches the NBA or NFL for the cheerleaders. I seriously doubt actual F1 fans would care or even notice

It's more for the benefit of the fans attending the event than the fans watching on TV. It's a sideshow, so you're right that no one is watching the sport or event to see those women, but it does add to the atmosphere. Just like the guy balancing chairs on his chin and the t-shirt cannon during timeouts. :ld: