Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Oh yea

I'm tired of black movie always having a MORAL RATING attached to them

Spike Lee has always been mad at Tyler Perry's success

Chi-raq is more disrespectful to black people than anything Tyler's ever done

Feeding into this idea that Chicago is the murder capital when the place ain't had more murders than New Orleans, St. Louis, Newark and Camden, NJ or Detroit

Yes, the dress thing is troubling, but, it's not Tyler's fault he was success serving a portion of black American bougie black people after to make movies for

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
We do need more positive movies to encourage kids..
Will never argue against it..

That's as big a bullshyt statement as the cop one.

One, Double Toasted never reviews "black" "positive" movies.

Two, check Redbox and Netflix. All black people do are "positive" movies. It's a lot of church stuff thecoli hates, but, it's always about family and shyt.

I agree with the rest, but, not this. Korey has the power to promote positive black movies, but, would rather shyt on Tyler Perry and complain.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Two, check Redbox and Netflix. All black people do are "positive" movies. It's a lot of church stuff thecoli hates, but, it's always about family and shyt.

I agree with the rest, but, not this. Korey has the power to promote positive black movies, but, would rather shyt on Tyler Perry and complain.

:stopitslime:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall

The only movies promoted are them trash ass slave movies..
Let’s keep it a buck..
I love straight to dvd movies just as much as the next but Hollywood ain’t pushing positive black films..
And Netflix be pushing some trash ass flicks that are black and positive/not positive as well..
They are still apart of Hollywood..
We all know they don’t see them as cash cows and we know that the overseas market ain’t really fukking with all black cast movies(Black Panther was an anomaly but even still audiences, specifically in Asia was on some other shyt)..
If we really going to keep it all the way live..
Tyler Perry, Will Smith, Spike Lee, Oprah, Denzel, Sam Jack and the rest of these old muthafukkas could be developing and directing films..
Promoting young talent and curating talented young black directors like Coogler..
The 80s-late 90s was the Renaissance for black film and directors..
But where are they now..
fukk it..
I’ll be a c00n but I’m tired of nikkas complaining about shyt and not holding our elders feet to the fire..
You telling me all this black excellence we have in Hollywood can’t pool their resources together to make shyt pop off..
So yes positive images for children is not a cop out..
It’s the truth..
It’s the same bullshyt being pushed in black films..
Romantic comedy..
Slave shyt..
Crazy nikka/crazy female movie..
Unfortunately gangsta shyt..
Some bullshyt feminist film..
All the young black creatives and talent I see on YouTube, Instagram and twitter and you telling me black Hollywood royalty can’t take a chance on them..
It’s like the old nikka on the block telling you not to rock the boat too much and once you start doing good for yourself..
They find ways to wave ride while you are hot or steal ideas from cats..
Then those same cats disappear..
While old nikkas still have the keys to the empire..
fukk that shyt..
Asian put other Asians on..
Bollywood is a multi million dollar industry..
Even Nigerian bredren getting it in..
But Afro Americans still complains about shyt when we got the juice..
When we are the culture of what’s hot..
We got elders that can actually bring forth a New renaissance with backing, nurturing, advice and wisdom..
And you not going to have Korey pushing for more positive black films because it’s clear the nikka has identity issues..
Plus he lives in Austin..
I live 3 hours away and I can tell you breh ain’t around no real black people because the black population in that city is damn near zero..
You can go hours without seeing another black face and when you do its:ohhh::salute:
Even still you don’t know if they are c00ns or what:francis:
So he feels comfortable saying c00n shyt and trying to appease his white audience..
I’m not putting any hope in him as a 37 year old black man..
Breh ain’t built like that and he can do whatever he wants with his show..
I stopped watching the other content and only watch reviews now because I’m not trying to be angry like that over frivolous shyt..
Hell I just wrote a bunch of emotional shyt now:russ::snoop:
All I’m saying is we do need more positive mainstream entertainment for our kids..
I’m sorry..
I believe in God or whatever people want to call him/her/it..
But that religious shyt is for the birds..
I like the messages but ain’t trying to watch it:hubie:
Black people have so many more stories to tell than the stuff I listed and Tyler Perry flicks..
We have mad talented brehs/brehettes on this very forum with different visions that could bring positive imagery to music, movies..
Hate him or love him or call him a c00n and a theif..
Donald Glover(and most of Atlanta cast) are doing things outside of the box..
Ain’t no beef just don’t agree:yeshrug:[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
How's Austin?
I live in Houston but I like Austin more..
Only reason I dig Austin more is because of the nature and live music..
But it’s an air of racial discrimination in that city I can’t place my finger on..
The whole city just has a weird cloud around it..
For it to be known as weird and liberal..
Plus UT is in the heart of the city..
Just can’t explain it..
Gentrification(like everywhere) is rapidly getting the black population out of there..
The Texas Relays ain’t like they were in HS...
I had thought about moving there(but probably will just move back to the Bay if I can find a transfer) but the last visit just seemed odd..
Even my girl felt the same way..
So I can see how Korey could develop some of the opinions and ideas he has because the culture(which was the east side) is being pushed out and interaction with other brehs/brehettes is very slim compared to Houston or Dallas..
Same goes for San Marcos(which is a college town)..
Also you have to consider SXSW AND AUSTIN CITY LIMITS..
The city pretty much shuts down and traffic is a bytch like none other..
And it is definitely a pawg,paag,palg,pamg city :mjlol:
But it is beautiful..
Especially the northside..
Round Rock too but it’s very:mjpls:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

Problem? Ppl saying positive, not secular.

The only movies promoted are them trash ass slave movies..
Let’s keep it a buck..
I love straight to dvd movies just as much as the next but Hollywood ain’t pushing positive black films..
And Netflix be pushing some trash ass flicks that are black and positive/not positive as well..
They are still apart of Hollywood..
We all know they don’t see them as cash cows and we know that the overseas market ain’t really fukking with all black cast movies(Black Panther was an anomaly but even still audiences, specifically in Asia was on some other shyt)..
If we really going to keep it all the way live..
Tyler Perry, Will Smith, Spike Lee, Oprah, Denzel, Sam Jack and the rest of these old muthafukkas could be developing and directing films..
Promoting young talent and curating talented young black directors like Coogler..
The 80s-late 90s was the Renaissance for black film and directors..
But where are they now..
fukk it..
I’ll be a c00n but I’m tired of nikkas complaining about shyt and not holding our elders feet to the fire..
You telling me all this black excellence we have in Hollywood can’t pool their resources together to make shyt pop off..
So yes positive images for children is not a cop out..
It’s the truth..
It’s the same bullshyt being pushed in black films..
Romantic comedy..
Slave shyt..
Crazy nikka/crazy female movie..
Unfortunately gangsta shyt..
Some bullshyt feminist film..
All the young black creatives and talent I see on YouTube, Instagram and twitter and you telling me black Hollywood royalty can’t take a chance on them..
It’s like the old nikka on the block telling you not to rock the boat too much and once you start doing good for yourself..
They find ways to wave ride while you are hot or steal ideas from cats..
Then those same cats disappear..
While old nikkas still have the keys to the empire..
fukk that shyt..
Asian put other Asians on..
Bollywood is a multi million dollar industry..
Even Nigerian bredren getting it in..
But Afro Americans still complains about shyt when we got the juice..
When we are the culture of what’s hot..
We got elders that can actually bring forth a New renaissance with backing, nurturing, advice and wisdom..
And you not going to have Korey pushing for more positive black films because it’s clear the nikka has identity issues..
Plus he lives in Austin..
I live 3 hours away and I can tell you breh ain’t around no real black people because the black population in that city is damn near zero..
You can go hours without seeing another black face and when you do its:ohhh::salute:
Even still you don’t know if they are c00ns or what:francis:
So he feels comfortable saying c00n shyt and trying to appease his white audience..
I’m not putting any hope in him as a 37 year old black man..
Breh ain’t built like that and he can do whatever he wants with his show..
I stopped watching the other content and only watch reviews now because I’m not trying to be angry like that over frivolous shyt..
Hell I just wrote a bunch of emotional shyt now:russ::snoop:
All I’m saying is we do need more positive mainstream entertainment for our kids..
I’m sorry..
I believe in God or whatever people want to call him/her/it..
But that religious shyt is for the birds..
I like the messages but ain’t trying to watch it:hubie:
Black people have so many more stories to tell than the stuff I listed and Tyler Perry flicks..
We have mad talented brehs/brehettes on this very forum with different visions that could bring positive imagery to music, movies..
Hate him or love him or call him a c00n and a theif..
Donald Glover(and most of Atlanta cast) are doing things outside of the box..
Ain’t no beef just don’t agree:yeshrug:[/SPOILER]
I'm not gonna split hairs what "positive" is.

My beef is blaming movies for our condition. It's ahistoric and ignorant.

Black ppl dont have any power in Hollywood. Sean Rogan calls more shots than Denzel and Will.

The black audience is not a respected movie market. And white ppl in entertainment w balls admit it (Neal Brannen says Hollywood doesn't respect Kevin Hart).

I won't hold my breath.