Double Toasted YouTube channel appreciation

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
but goodwin only likes today's trash rap :dwillhuh:
Yeah I'm not sure Goodwin would really have any love for that era of music. Back when I listened religiously to the casual call in show, and they did Music Mondays with Marcus, I never once remember hearing him mention Pac, Biggie, or really any 90s hip hop. I think I remember him saying he grew up on rock and Missy Elliot was the first time he heard a hip hop album.

Still it would have been nice to get other opinions on the film than just Korey and an admitted non-hop hop fan in Martin, even if it was just discussion about Pac himself as a personality. I think Goodwin could have added some insight into why Pac and Malcolm X could be compared, when Martin was like :wtf:when he heard Korey say it.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm not sure Goodwin would really have any love for that era of music. Back when I listened religiously to the casual call in show, and they did Music Mondays with Marcus, I never once remember hearing him mention Pac, Biggie, or really any 90s hip hop. I think I remember him saying he grew up on rock and Missy Elliot was the first time he heard a hip hop album.

Still it would have been nice to get other opinions on the film than just Korey and an admitted non-hop hop fan in Martin, even if it was just discussion about Pac himself as a personality. I think Goodwin could have added some insight into why Pac and Malcolm X could be compared, when Martin was like :wtf:when he heard Korey say it.

You mean the movies right ? :usure:

Martin wasn't trying to hear them compared as far as social contributions and thankfully Korey wasn't going there either.

There wasn't really a point to having anyone else weigh in on the movie because it sucked and I'm sure they'd just mirror Korey's points.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You mean the movies right ? :usure:

Martin wasn't trying to hear them compared as far as social contributions and thankfully Korey wasn't going there either.

There wasn't really a point to having anyone else weigh in on the movie because it sucked and I'm sure they'd just mirror Korey's points.
I would have been interested in either one. I've heard people argue "yall generation had Malcom and all we had was Pac" so if someone wanted to go there and talk about Pac being positioned as the next black leader, or any discussion about the generational divide between the black panthers and the 80s/90s, I would have been all for it.

And I disagree about there being no point to other opinions, even if it was just to discuss the person.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would have been interested in either one. I've heard people argue "yall generation had Malcom and all we had was Pac" so if someone wanted to go there and talk about Pac being positioned as the next black leader, or any discussion about the generational divide between the black panthers and the 80s/90s, I would have been all for it.

And I disagree about there being no point to other opinions, even if it was just to discuss the person.

:mjlol:

gfunkfan

Pro
Daps
I noticed that they shift the Movie Review show tonight, but I wonder if they're gonna discuss Prodigy's passing.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they should. :pachaha: The nikka should've known by now that it was gonna be the same ol bullshyt like the last four flicks.

That's exactly what they were telling him but he always likes the Transformer trailers:manny: