DOOM OT

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game is very fast. Played about an hour and a half last night. Haven't been to any "scary" environments yet which is what I feel the series needs to get back too. So far it felt like playing auch faster paced version of halo 5 with demons instead of aliens.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The game is very fast. Played about an hour and a half last night. Haven't been to any "scary" environments yet which is what I feel the series needs to get back too. So far it felt like playing auch faster paced version of halo 5 with demons instead of aliens.
What setting you playin on though? Heard the game with a Very Casual difficulty code with purchase of the Kamikaze Revy Edition.

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Is this worth the purchase I make copy once the price goes down to $48 and does it have multiplayer Co-op

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Is this worth the purchase I make copy once the price goes down to $48 and does it have multiplayer Co-op
The price is $48 right now
Best buy GCU breh. What are you waiting for.
As far as if the game is good. I've only played for about an hour. I can't say if it's worth the early cop yet. I can tell you it was fun right off the jump though.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Doomguy the gawd :lawd:

Reading how its fast, chaotic, and requires having to weave through a barrage of demons and projectiles sounds like the games on the right path :ehh:

Does it have personality of the OG tho ? I'm talkin middle finger taunts, demons flexing their biceps at you, heavy metal music continuously playing in the background, etc, etc? Whats the verdict.

Thread bouta make me load up Doom 2 :banderas:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
from metacritic
I'm almost done downloading on my :flabbynsick: throttled, comcast, connection.

I'm skeptical that the devs didn't send out review copies. What were they trying to hide? :patrice:

User reviews seem to be mixed too (7.3 on metacritic) :patrice:

I hope this preorder was worth it (at least I got it on discount) :patrice:
This game has 7 written all over it, but the fans will likely inflate the score a bit since it's the DOOM franchise.

I didn't enjoy the Alpha or Beta at all, maybe I will check for it when it hits $10 or so.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What setting you playin on though? Heard the game with a Very Casual difficulty code with purchase of the Kamikaze Revy Edition.
That's actually what I was playing on. "VERY CASUAL" When the demons get you to 10% life they actually run up to you, give you a hug and a health boost, take 3 steps back and the action starts up again.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Best shooter I played in the last 10 years.

It's just like old school games like doom, hexen/heretic or quake, but more like a polished brutal doom.

It's a completely skill-based/score based game, and there are no cinematics or hand-holds. For that alone, I don't think that it will do well with today's gamers.

It's in important milestone in gaming history, and it's just like bloodborne, where the action-packed game and upgrades are the main things pushing the player forward. Also like bloodborne, the game rewards aggressive and precise offensive strategies.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
This game is dope.
Definitely feels like Doom with added lore.
I don't mind reading when the action is frantic. :banderas: My head damn near exploded on a few areas. Walked away with 5% health on a few of those...:whoo:
They came through with this shyt, heavy.
Always load ya shyt when the Heavy Metal comes in, and keep fukkin moving.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Doomguy the gawd :lawd:

Reading how its fast, chaotic, and requires having to weave through a barrage of demons and projectiles sounds like the games on the right path :ehh:

Does it have personality of the OG tho ? I'm talkin middle finger taunts, demons flexing their biceps at you, heavy metal music continuously playing in the background, etc, etc? Whats the verdict.

Thread bouta make me load up Doom 2 :banderas:
It's Doom, fam. Trust.