Don’t vote? Veteran Democratic Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man that bill been on the floor
since i was born
eff outta here

Clinton NEVER had a filibuster proof majority in the senate and neither did Obama. To get something like this passed during their terms you would have needed either more Dems in Congress due to voting or republicans to support this, which we know they would have never done.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
man that bill been on the floor
since i was born
eff outta here

just cuz YO uneducated ass would spend it in a month
dont mean the rest of us would

dont put your ignorance on all of us, cuz most of us would pay
bills
loans
education

before anything else, then we’d invest

ok you're trolling then, ignored

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

They’re threatening to indict/impeach the republican president but can’t pass a reparations bill? :mjpls:

Again you are showing your ignorance to
how the congress works. The house can pass articles of impeachment but it cannot enact legislation without the president and the senate signing off.

Go read a Civics 101 book then come back to this thread when you’re ready breh.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again you are showing your ignorance to
how the congress works. The house can pass articles of impeachment but it cannot enact legislation without the president and the senate signing off.

Go read a Civics 101 book then come back to this thread when you’re ready breh.
So why should the Dems get a pat on a back for knowingly writing a bill that would never pass, according to your logic? :patrice:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
it's true though. it isn't just black people who do this, it's people period. if you give someone a lot of money and they aren't used to it, they will make bad decisions and run through the shyt. your average person is a goddamn moron and black people are not immune to that. at the very least, they should hand it out over a period of time it nothing else. like you get x money per year, like an annuity.
I would imagine most black people would buy homes and land first, then clear their student loan debts, then buy vehicles, then invest...I want people to have full control over their own money. And I said it in another thread, but if we got legitimate amounts of cash I hope that would lead to more black businesses. You are right about people blowing through money, but lets say for white people, if a white person buys some dumb shyt, he's most likely buying dumb shyt from another white guy and that money is circulating amongst white people. Hopefully, the black person buying jewelry is now buying jewelry from a black jeweler, of buying his rims from a black rim shop, etc...

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So why should the Dems get a pat on a back for knowingly writing a bill that would never pass, according to your logic? :patrice:

First you cry that Democrats never do anything for blacks, now you’re saying that they don’t deserve credit for trying to pass this in the face of republican opposition and at the same time telling us that we shouldn’t vote to decrease the same republican opposition. You don’t see a problem with this strategy?

:ohhh:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Obama actually supports the idea of reparations but doesn’t think it’s practical politically, meaning that people wouldn’t vote for it. He never said it was unfair to immigrants or other minorities. He said that other people would think it is unfair and that’s why you wouldn’t get a plurality of people to vote for it. He’s speaking to the reality of getting something like that passed, not his own feelings on the matter. Obama is a very pragmatic person. You could consider that a strength and a weakness.
Barack Obama explains why he doesn't think reparations to black people are practical

(Timestamped)

He danced around his 'no', but it certainly wasn't 'yes'.

It's rather disgusting that John Edwards and Barack Obama basically say 'no' then go on with examples for why they should 'yes'. And if you listen to the next question, it's about Katrina. And that guy gives yet another example of why everyone on that stage should say 'yes'.

There's another event where someone asks him about reparations and he says 'no', but I can't find it on YT.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
@GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!
@Booker T Garvey @HellRell804 @Easy-E @Crude Abolitionist @Brolic Scholar @YoungmargeliaFleek$$ @Bconscious @xCivicx @CharlieManson @Marcelrellu

And the rest of the “don’t vote because dems never do anything specifically for blacks” coalition, where y’all at?

Did you really just quote me to respond to a two year old story about a bill proposed by a retired politician that will go nowhere?

Good work.

Like I keep saying, with no economic backing, politicians just say pretty things to us. Sounds good though. Wake me up when it ever passes.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have they ever actually voted on this bill? All i kno is conyers been tryna introduce this for like 30 years or some

They haven’t been able to vote on it because the republican speaker of the house won’t bring it up for vote. This is why voting is important to get obstacles of progress the fukk out the way. They will get their chance in 2019 though

:takedat:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you really just quote me to respond to a two year old story about a bill proposed by a retired politician that will go nowhere?

Good work.

Like I keep saying, with no economic backing, politicians just say pretty things to us. Sounds good though. Wake me up when it ever passes.

First it’s dont vote because Dems don’t do anything for us, now your argument is that this obvious attempt to do something specifically for us doesn’t mean anything because of the fact it won’t pass due to republican opposition?

If we voted for more democrats doesn’t this increase the chances of this passing? The don’t vote stance doesn’t seem so constructive here does it?

:patrice:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First you cry that Democrats never do anything for blacks, now you’re saying that they don’t deserve credit for trying to pass this in the face of republican opposition and at the same time telling us that we shouldn’t vote to decrease the same republican opposition. You don’t see a problem with this strategy?

:ohhh:

You said yourself anybody who knows civics 101 knows how congress work and it wouldn’t pass...so why write it then? :skip:

According to your logic, The only reason to write this bill is to troll:patrice: just like that’s only reason for creating this thread