Don’t vote? Veteran Democratic Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was last year breh. How does that change the point of this post?
It’s going on 2 years and nothing else came of this. Conyers is facing (forced) retirement and it would require Trump’s signature and they would ironically find a way to obstruct their “own” bill because of it.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Bills like this won’t pass because the republicans wont bring it up for a vote because they control the congress. Your solution to this is to not vote and keep the Dems as a minority just to make the situation worse?

:ohhh:
dems been had a chance to pass this bill
get out for what reason? and i don't know why i asked cause i know you don't have an intelligent position to argue from.

you wanna treat black people outt everyone else who got reparations like we fukkin kids, like our women
arent the most educated minority out
of everyone

fukk outta here
cash is king. Let folks spend it how they please.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But your first black president told us reparations owed to native black Americans is unfair to immigrants...

Obama actually supports the idea of reparations but doesn’t think it’s practical politically, meaning that people wouldn’t vote for it. He never said it was unfair to immigrants or other minorities. He said that other people would think it is unfair and that’s why you wouldn’t get a plurality of people to vote for it. He’s speaking to the reality of getting something like that passed, not his own feelings on the matter. Obama is a very pragmatic person. You could consider that a strength and a weakness.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s going on 2 years and nothing else came of this. Conyers is facing (forced) retirement and it would require Trump’s signature and they would ironically find a way to obstruct their “own” bill because of it.

Nothing came from it because republicans control the house, senate, and executive. How can you blame the Dems for nothing coming from it when they wrote the bill and sponsored it?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I am all for this but they should put stipulations on it so that people can't just run through the shyt in a year or some shyt. For instance, give every black person x amount of dollars but only if they keep passing courses on economics or financial literacy every few months or keep their credit at a certain level and a percentage of the money must be kept in a trust for x amount of time. It does no good to give everyone money if it goes down the drain in a short amount of time. Also, racist ass white people would never let this happen in the first place bc in their minds, black people are not oppressed or the victims of anything to begin with. Our solution is complete removal from the influence of these people. If that were to happen, reparations would not be necessary.
here's my issue. I want to be able to do what I want with my money. I don't want any vouchers, or be forced to take a class, i'll take cash, then i'll decide. Because I might want to get the fukk up out of the U.S. I might want to put my money into investments. I want control and financial freedom. I hate when people make these statements about how black people will "just buy rims and jordans" and stuff like that. It's some of the most disrespectful stereotyping stuff to me. And it always feel like a way for people to maintain power over black people.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
dems been had a chance to pass this bill

you wanna treat black people outt everyone else who got reparations like we fukkin kids, like our women
arent the most educated minority out
of everyone

fukk outta here
cash is king. Let folks spend it how they please.
and when they spend it all in one month and have nothing else, what then? you can't just hand people money who haven't had it, they will run through it. thousands of black people died for that money. it should mean something more than 6 fukking months. it should ideally set up the current and next generation for success.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
here's my issue. I want to be able to do what I want with my money. I don't want any vouchers, or be forced to take a class, i'll take cash, then i'll decide. Because I might want to get the fukk up out of the U.S. I might want to put my money into investments. I want control and financial freedom. I hate when people make these statements about how black people will "just buy rims and jordans" and stuff like that. It's some of the most disrespectful stereotyping stuff to me. And it always feel like a way for people to maintain power over black people.
it's true though. it isn't just black people who do this, it's people period. if you give someone a lot of money and they aren't used to it, they will make bad decisions and run through the shyt. your average person is a goddamn moron and black people are not immune to that. at the very least, they should hand it out over a period of time it nothing else. like you get x money per year, like an annuity.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing came from it because republicans control the house, senate, and executive. How can you blame the Dems for nothing coming from it when they wrote the bill and sponsored it?

So we should get reparations after Dems control the congress especially since Maxine waters is a finance leader right?

Ima hold you to that

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
When? Dems only had control of congress and the presidency for 4 months during the Obama presidency in which they spent saving the economy and expanding Medicaid.
man that bill been on the floor
since i was born
eff outta here
and when they spend it all in one month and have nothing else, what then? you can't just hand people money who haven't had it, they will run through it. thousands of black people died for that money. it should mean something more than 6 fukking months. it should ideally set up the current and next generation for success.
just cuz YO uneducated ass would spend it in a month
dont mean the rest of us would

dont put your ignorance on all of us, cuz most of us would pay
bills
loans
education

before anything else, then we’d invest

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we should get reparations after Dems control the congress especially since Maxine waters is a finance leader right?

Ima hold you to that

Do you understand how congress works bro? To get this bill passed it must pass the house first (doable) but it will fail in the republicans controlled senate and even if it passed it would be veto’d by the white supremacist in the Oval Office.

Seems to me the solution would be to vote for Dems en masse so that we could actually get this enacted as law.

Nah fukk that don’t vote cause Tariq said so!

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you understand how congress works bro? To get this bill passed it must pass the house first (doable) but it will fail in the republicans controlled senate and even if it passed it would be veto’d by the white supremacist in the Oval Office.

Seems to me the solution would be to vote for Dems en masse so that we could actually get this enacted as law.

Nah fukk that don’t vote cause Tariq said so!
:mjlol:

They’re threatening to indict/impeach the republican president but can’t pass a reparations bill? :mjpls:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
i disagree bc a lot of black people don't make a lot of money to begin with. like half the country makes less than 40k or 30k or some crazy shyt like that. even something like giving them say 100k but in 10k installments over time would be helpful. i would take the tax breaks though lol. they take like 30 percent out my check.
@dj-method-x

Tax breaks help...
I also propose no taxes on our businesses or personal income... And 500 Billion set aside for our business grant funding.

In addition, discounts on County owned property.

Last edited: