Don't trade stock options breh...

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is offering irresponsible advice

Everyone isnt cut out for day trading.... its a full time job... that even people who go to school to do aren't always good at

You should def have some investments, but you gotta have a plan and know what the hell youre doing

I have most of my shyt in my 401K and indexes... my shyt's been seeing 10%+ returns over the last 2 years :ld:

:pachaha::ufdup:

If you put a little more effort in your portfolio, your return could have been greater the past 2 years.

My returns YTD alone has been 86%:youngsabo:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Man, shut the fukk up. In no way have I gave irresponsible advice, and if people don't know that they can lose money trading options (which I clearly showed in the first post) they are a fool. People always want to talk about people doing something because they don't/can't do it themselves. This thread is about trading, not investing. Learn the difference.
You are giving irresponsible advice. "Stop living paycheck to paycheck" but no kinds of indications of what position someone should be in before they start investing, no mentions on how much to hedge, the whole idea that someone has to trade stocks to not live paycheck to paycheck....

You trying to teach nikkas how to sprint before they can even crawl.... telling people to live within their means and make a budget would be the better thing to do

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are giving irresponsible advice. "Stop living paycheck to paycheck" but no kinds of indications of what position someone should be in before they start investing, no mentions on how much to hedge, the whole idea that someone has to trade stocks to not live paycheck to paycheck....

You trying to teach nikkas how to sprint before they can even crawl.... telling people to live within their means and make a budget would be the better thing to do

Right...get off my dikk breh. If you want to make a thread about hedging and what not (which isn't really an option when you're TRADING, not INVESTING), then do that. Keep my name out your mouth though. You sound like a bytch.

If I could say anything to you to ensure success, I would say walk, don't run into your trades. A bunch of small gains is much better than a bigger gain because bigger gains lead to more recklessness with your trading, and you can end up in the red if you're not careful. Trade based on your account size where you're not risking that much if a trade doesn't go your way. Concentrate first on making the majority of your trades winners.

This is absolutely the way to go, probably for a few weeks I'd say. Make sure you understand how options deal with time decay also and it will help you alot. Also, trade the simulator the exact same way you would trade your own account, so if you only have $1000 in real life to work with, make sure you only deal with $1000 on the simulator.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of it beasting...whats going on breh? i know yesterday the SPY had another one of its kneejerks...i never understood those :smh:

But yea I havent been following the markets the past two weeks.

The NASDAQ has been halted for an hour. They are saying it's a major computer problem.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
wait a second...why the hell do all these out of the money options have such high ask prices?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The NASDAQ has been halted for an hour. They are saying it's a major computer problem.

ahhh i'm sure that explains it. I am looking at Expedia, Broadcom and AMC Networks options...and I'm seing ask prices of $5.00like wtf

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
*Bump*

I am interest in investing in penny stocks. I have read on penny stock.net that you can purchase stocks lower than $5.00 a share. So, I have some money to lose. I have a couple hundred dollars to play with. Is that enough to make a good investment in penny stock ?

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Just wanted to do a quick thread to put y'all up on making money in the stock market, with very little capital. I'm no stock guru or anything like that, but I try to make my living doing this. Here are a few trades that I made earlier this year to show you the power of trading stock options. You can seriously make a great deal in a short amount of time, if you know what you're doing.

LNKD.jpg

Basic Option Info

Call Option-An option to buy assets at an agreed price on or before a particular date.These are normally bought when you think a stock price is going to increase.

Put Option-An option to sell assets at an agreed price on or before a particular date. These are normally bought when you think a stock price is going to decline.

Strike Price-The price at which a put or call option can be exercised.

1 option contract is equivalent to 100 shares of the underlying security (stock). So if I buy 5 call options of Yahoo at a strike price of $25.00 for .20 each, I am spending $100 (excluding commissions). [5 contracts X 100 shares=500 X .20 each=$100 ]

All of these transactions took place over two weekdays. Initially, I bought 43 put contracts of stock BRK.B (Berkshire Hathaway) for .20 each on a Thursday for a total of $920.75 (including commissions). The price of BRK.B (the stock) decreased so the Put option price that I bought increased. I sold all 4300 contracts at .35, so I nearly doubled my money that same day [43 contracts X 100 shares=4300 X .15=$645]. This is a great return, but I really want you to look at later on that day. I took most of my funds and bought 13 Call contracts of LNKD (LinkedIn) @ $1.05 each. LinkedIn was going to announce quarterly earnings that night and there was a rumor that they would be great, so I took a chance and held overnight. The earnings were great and the stock exploded in Afterhours trading. Options don't trade in afterhours, so I had to wait till the next day to sell them. I sold all 13 contracts not long after opening bell for $7.50 each. Here is the math on that one (13 contracts X 100 shares=1300 X 6.45=$8385.00 profit)! This is holding for less than 24 hours...After I sold, the stock continued to climb. I thought it was going to pullback some, so I bought a few put contracts but I lost some of my profit on that as you can see. But this is the POWER OF TRADING OPTIONS. If I had held my original call options on LNKD until later in the day, I would have made over $20,000 IN ONE DAY FROM AN INITIAL INVESTMENT OF NEARLY $1,400.00. Of course, this isn't necessarily an everday occurrence, but it all depends on what you're trading and how much you're risking. At the link below, there is a guy who has been making hundred of thousands trading options and he documents it for everybody.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=90738925

This is something to look into if you've ever wanted a career in the stock market, but never quite had to money or time to look into it. It's time to stop living paycheck to paycheck. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Opinion on stick options offered by employer? I read a little on them and Im a lil iffy and getting taxed even before you redeem the gains :ehh:

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Opinion on stick options offered by employer? I read a little on them and Im a lil iffy and getting taxed even before you redeem the gains :ehh:

Don't really know much about those ones, except you should hold them as long as possible if you believe in the company. Otherwise, selling at the 52 week high is preferable.