Don't trade stock options breh...

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
So I was watching some videos last night and it seemed like doing options Intraday is the best way to a make small gains, buying options ITM and than selling them quickly

Holding on to Options for days is if you think you know/anticipate a major change in the price.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
If you've got questions, let me know.

How often do you get rumors of a stock exploding/going bad and how often are they accurate.

In reference to rumors, I assume information in regards to an option exploding are directly correlated to quarterly earnings being leaked?

What basic background company information should I be aware of before investing in an option?

Knowing what you know now .. say you wanted to (attempt to) gain a quick profit on a 1000 investment then cashout. What are your first couple of steps you take? The initial process etc

Where's that Stock Option Simulator at?

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
breh what do you use?

i have like 20k tied up in empire life with some crooked ass broker doing my trading, all i get is like 6 months statements actually made 4k from january to june.

but i want do something on the side, what do canadians use? teach us :noah:
Use Questrade. Ive replied to you before saying ill teach you the basics of accounting (integral for analyzing corporations) but you havent asked. Nag my pm inbox

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So I had a created a paper account with CBOE ... Looked over what stocks were gonna release earnings this week.

So I bought 2 Options for $ANF at Strike Price of 50$ @ 1.37 ... I sold it at 1.57 made 20 bucks

Looks at ANF earnings report today :merchant:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:ANF
Man I bet Aeropostale is gonna get killed today as well. Abercrombie and American Eagle are strong indications...I've been wanting puts on them (when it was at 15) and Sears (when it was around 46) for the longest but I'm out the game now.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You said you rules breh ... Help

:yes:
You want me to put down my rules. Here are a couple:

1. Beware of the slippery slope: If you take an L,t depending on the size of it take a day or week off. Don;t even look at the markets during that period just go cold turkey. Because one mistake that leads to another and another wil leave you deep as shyt in the hole. On top of that looking at the markets will have you thinking you see opportunities here and there only for you to go in and take another L. Overall you are just very irrational after a loss no matter how much you try to convince yourself you are.

2. Dont be greedy: Youre gonna say this is obvious but many people will have the rule in mind and still break it. The idea here is to set stop loss orders to limit the amount you lose. Don't keep trying to turn an L into a W or Break even.

3. To limit the risk...leave at least 3 months from the day you buy your options and the day they expire. Unless youre trying to do a quick in and out (which is ideal for ETF options for instnace)

I got more at work ill try to find my list lol. Ill tell you right now...Greed is the hardest one

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So lets say I had $1000...that's good enough to get started? :patrice:

Yes. But my advice would be to do a trial run without using real money. Look at your gains and loses in percentages. Make sure you're completely comfortable and aware of the risks involving trading options.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
OP is offering irresponsible advice

Everyone isnt cut out for day trading.... its a full time job... that even people who go to school to do aren't always good at

You should def have some investments, but you gotta have a plan and know what the hell youre doing

I have most of my shyt in my 401K and indexes... my shyt's been seeing 10%+ returns over the last 2 years :ld:

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is offering irresponsible advice

Everyone isnt cut out for day trading.... its a full time job... that even people who go to school to do aren't always good at

You should def have some investments, but you gotta have a plan and know what the hell youre doing

I have most of my shyt in my 401K and indexes... my shyt's been seeing 10%+ returns over the last 2 years :ld:

Man, shut the fukk up. In no way have I gave irresponsible advice, and if people don't know that they can lose money trading options (which I clearly showed in the first post) they are a fool. People always want to talk about people doing something because they don't/can't do it themselves. This thread is about trading, not investing. Learn the difference.