Don't trade stock options breh...

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to be heavy into options 2009-2011, I would make trades every day, played mostly SPY options (sp500 eft), and I was a heavy permabear at the time. I remember making and losing thousands in a day. I venture into futures for a bit which is even crazier than options imo. And they you have futures options which are even crazier. I remember waking up at 8, see how the futures market is doing, make a trade the minute the stock market is open, sometimes making 3 trades a day on the options market. It was exciting and scary at the same time. All in all, I lost enough money to realize that you need to do it full time in order for long term success which I did not have the time for. It was costing me too much time and energy to sustain, but at the end, I did earn a decent amount. I still do it once in a while though, maybe 2 trades a year for fun. Nowadays I'm more into having a good futures trading system that will trade automatically, havent started yet still learning

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol yeah ok. keep your money floating around in a system thats inherently corrupted. that worked out so well in 09.

You have a point but there is still money to be made. After the market collapsed in 08 there was money to be made when the fed injected tens of billions of $$$'s each month to help re-inflate asset prices. Like the saying goes, if you can't beat em then join em.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Options are cool but they rely on too much micro-economics and studying individual companies... not my cup of tea..

Futures, Forex, and Bonds is where you'll find the real pro's :myman:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
That's why you set yourself up with Stop Loss orders. If you don't have an enter & exit strategy once you get in, then it's your fault if you don't get out fast enough.

if you know what you're doing, more power to you. the average joe blow trying to make money in the stocks is better off buying precious metal.

You have a point but there is still money to be made. After the market collapsed in 08 there was money to be made when the fed injected tens of billions of $$$'s each month to help re-inflate asset prices. Like the saying goes, if you can't beat em then join em.

i agree but see my post above. the system is rigged for those in the know (wall st, investment bankers, etc) and the majority stock holders. some guy dabbling with a few hundred every year might be ok but if you're investing a majority of your income in stocks you're making a mistake imho.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I used to be heavy into options 2009-2011, I would make trades every day, played mostly SPY options (sp500 eft), and I was a heavy permabear at the time. I remember making and losing thousands in a day. I venture into futures for a bit which is even crazier than options imo. And they you have futures options which are even crazier. I remember waking up at 8, see how the futures market is doing, make a trade the minute the stock market is open, sometimes making 3 trades a day on the options market. It was exciting and scary at the same time. All in all, I lost enough money to realize that you need to do it full time in order for long term success which I did not have the time for. It was costing me too much time and energy to sustain, but at the end, I did earn a decent amount. I still do it once in a while though, maybe 2 trades a year for fun. Nowadays I'm more into having a good futures trading system that will trade automatically, havent started yet still learning
them SPY options :noah:

You can make so much money if you dont get greedy

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
them SPY options :noah:

You can make so much money if you dont get greedy

breh what do you use?

i have like 20k tied up in empire life with some crooked ass broker doing my trading, all i get is like 6 months statements actually made 4k from january to june.

but i want do something on the side, what do canadians use? teach us :noah:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I control my investments and move them freely as I wish. I'm not obligated to any one of these companies. I've made money off of 'corrupt' companies when their share price were rising. I ride them on the way up.
And short them on the way down:shaq:

Companies may be corrupt, but the market sets itself. It's up to the investors to be aware just like it's up to investors who own stores to be aware of their books.