Don't Sleep on That Jumprope

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't like to jump rope. I add it in if I want to get warmed up fast like working out after coming in from the cold during winter..

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Your feet ? The bottom? Your toes? Your ankles. Wed is actually hurting. Are your ankles built like candy canes
The bottom of my feet. Maybe it's because I jump on the balls of my feet but thats how my OG told me to do it, so I would mimic actual jumping motion. My ankles are solid.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The bottom of my feet. Maybe it's because I jump on the balls of my feet but thats how my OG told me to do it, so I would mimic actual jumping motion. My ankles are solid.
I posted a video with a bunch of different jump methods. Try one that doesn't hurt.

That or maybe you just have weak feet. Or its them shoes

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I like the jump rope but that shyt be killing my feet :damn:. Makes me have to stop every 50-100 skips. I usually jump in basketball shoes, and only do like 800 or so skips.

Anything I can do to remedy this? @Fonsworth @Mowgli @Originalgangsta317
Where are you landing. Balls of your feet?

If so you probably need to just get conditioned for it. It took me about 5 sessions before the soreness went away.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I posted a video with a bunch of different jump methods. Try one that doesn't hurt.

That or maybe you just have weak feet. Or its them shoes
Yeah I probably need sturdy shoes. I'm wearing Nike Hyperquickness, they're extremely thin and light so that in combination with just starting to jump rope is probably causing the pain.

Where are you landing. Balls of your feet?

If so you probably need to just get conditioned for it. It took me about 5 sessions before the soreness went away.
Yeah on the balls of my feet. I'll give it another 2 weeks with wearing new shoes to see how the pain changes. :Thanks brehs :salute:.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
my girl bought me a jump rope. I used it a few times. maybe i'll get more consistent with it

Daps
I like the jump rope but that shyt be killing my feet :damn:. Makes me have to stop every 50-100 skips. I usually jump in basketball shoes, and only do like 800 or so skips.

Anything I can do to remedy this? @Fonsworth @Mowgli @Originalgangsta317

Prolly gotta get used to it.

I jump off/on the balls of my feet and it just strengths my calves and makes em bigger. :wow: