Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think peoples reactions to satire is similar to how hip hop fans react to diss songs.

Some people like the subtle, subliminal shots where you think you know who the dude is talking about it but you could be wrong. But it makes you think and it’s fun to debate or break down the lyrics

Then you have the blatant Hit Em Up type shyt where you know exactly who the dude is talking about. Doesn’t hit you with riddles, just smacks you in the face with its message. Some people find this way too simplistic and lacking in creativity, others love the bluntness.

I think this movie was much smarter than some of the critics thought because it had a meta commentary going on. Leo’s character was told to be subtle with his message, not be crystal clear with it. He went along with it until the point where he snapped and blatantly told the public what the fukk was going on. And I think the movie’s tone mirrored his character

I get why people wanted something less on the nose but sometimes subtlety isn’t needed and you need to yell it out loud and clear. I had similar thoughts about Bamboozled which I remember got similar criticisms for its lack of subtlety. Subtlety is great but there’s also value in movies that say exactly what they want to say in a way that’s impossible to misinterpret. Big reason why I’m a fan of Spike and Oliver Stone

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually thought the Ariana grande concert was funny as hell.

Song sounded real too

The actual real life YouTube comments on the video unironically being similar to the fictional comments in the movie is the funniest part to me. No ones paying attention to the lyrics and message, just talking about how amazing her vocals are lol

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved this movie. I can see everything in that movie happening. Playing politics, both sideism, a terrible media, quack scientists, capitalists greed, online conspiracist etc.

This is who we are as a country in 2021. We are not a serious people and we are doomed whether it’s an asteroid right away or a slow death via climate change.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I loved this movie. I can see everything in that movie happening. Playing politics, both sideism, a terrible media, quack scientists, capitalists greed, online conspiracist etc.

This is who we are as a country in 2021. We are not a serious people and we are doomed whether it’s an asteroid right away or a slow death via climate change.
the fakest thing was them even mentioning that the ores mined from the comet could help society as a whole and not just make more Elon Musk types rich.