Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
This shot was dope. I went in blind. I’m probably gonna watch it again. There’s layers to it.

That scene during the credits got me thinking with a tin foil hat right now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This movie reminded me of “seeking a friend for the end of the world” almost the same kind of humor but there wasn’t really anything didactic about that movie.

This movie was an emotional roller coaster for as funny as it was at times it was also very depressing. That end dinner scene almost had me tearing up. You knew it was coming from the first 5 minutes of the movie but still…..

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the movie. Everyone played their role well imo. And thanks to the breh for posting that there’s a post credit scene. Literally watching it right now.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Also I know people hate on Jennifer Lawrence but she has effortless range. Her and Jonah Hill both kill it.

Facts, I'm indifferent to her in general but she killed it in this one. I'm not familiar wit the director's style so while knowing this was a comedy it took me some time to "adjust" to the type of humor/satire. Also I like the fact it not only makes fun of the obvious targets but also of how easily "the good guys" can also look stupid. Pretty good movie. Chalamet showing more range was cool too. Streep was a little too over the top but whatever, Leo did his thing as usual. Cate Blanchett :ehh::takedat:

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
"Satire"

This shyt was bad. Not as funny as it thinks it is, not as clever as it thinks it is.
Agreed.

shyt got boring and I left to smoke with 40 mins left.

Black dudes wig was terrible. I didn’t know what to expect but the tone was off for me

Daps
At times I felt like it was too silly but it didn't ruin the movie. I still think The Big Short was Mckay's perfect balance between silly and serious

The only thing that kind of annoyed me was Jonah Hill laying the Jonah Hill on way too thick.

The callbacks to the general charging for the free snacks:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

The Big Short is legitimately unwatchable. This is hands down his best project. The critics needed to bash The Big Short. Don't Look Up is hilarious, entertaining and poignant

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i think when people universally understand satire they automatically think it must not be great satire. yea, this smacks you in the face, but it felt real as fukk and you know it. i've thought about this movie since watching it yesterday and ya know what? in 2021, that's basically the standards for a good movie. if it sticks with me for more than 12 minutes, it has succeeded.