Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
FHW9YxpXsAAKlSX
FHXy1RbXIAwdycu
FHYL3s_WQBsHFRQ
FHYL3xRWQAoiJPx
there is an after credits scene

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved this movie. One of my favorites of the year. Yeah the satire is obvious but it needed to be

Meryl Streep’s death at the end is one of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen

Also peep the YouTube comments for the Ariana Grande/Kid Cudi song. Completely proves the movie’s point

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Loved this movie. One of my favorites of the year. Yeah the satire is obvious but it needed to be

Meryl Streep’s death at the end is one of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen

Also peep the YouTube comments for the Ariana Grande/Kid Cudi song. Completely proves the movie’s point
Adam McKay went out his way to be less preachy in this as opposed to Vice, but the point gets across 8/10

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At times I felt like it was too silly but it didn't ruin the movie. I still think The Big Short was Mckay's perfect balance between silly and serious

The only thing that kind of annoyed me was Jonah Hill laying the Jonah Hill on way too thick.

The callbacks to the general charging for the free snacks:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Daps
This movie was mid for me. It appears to me to have gotten as much traction as it has from all of the unrest in the Pandemic we are still going through.
I haven't seen any interviews with the director but did he mention anything about trying to heighten the impact of social media on the movie plot after say when the Insurrection/Covid?
I like satire but this just fell flat for me. Also Cate Blanchette looked too different. Lol.