Don't Look Up (Adam McKay) - Dicaprio, Blanchett, Lawrence, Streep, Hill, Chalamet, Cudi, Grande

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Man fukk outta here with that, I'm not making right wing talking points - but lefties (progressives, not liberals) hate Joe Biden and basically say the same shyt about him that Republicans do but for different reasons. His characteristics came off as the same surface level shyt they always mock Biden for with the speech and the hair sniffing.

Even the director of the movie states how he is a mash up of every single tech ceo. He stated the president is a mix of a Hillary and trump. But go ahead and think any of that was for Biden.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Even the director of the movie states how he is a mash up of every single tech ceo. He stated the president is a mix of a Hillary and trump. But go ahead and think any of that was for Biden.
Breh, there's no need for you get all turned up just based on what one person took away from a character's mannerisms, goddamn :mjlol:

All I'm saying is even though he's clearly an amalagamation of tech billionaires, they possibly threw in some shots at Biden too. That's it:hubie:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Breh, there's no need for you get all turned up just based on what one person took away from a character's mannerisms, goddamn :mjlol:

All I'm saying is even though he's clearly an amalagamation of tech billionaires, they possibly threw in some shots at Biden too. That's it:hubie:
Actually typing on a message board and answering your post that quoted me. No turning up.

Second no one gives a fukk about your opinion

Third the director would have no problem saying he taking shots at Biden. But he would do that through the actors in the white house role.

Actually what is happening here is you doubling down for being called out on a stupid take. Instead of any useful commentary for a discussion about the movie, you keep playing right wing bingo. Did you win yet?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i can't believe this movie is being trashed by so many critics, Rotten Tomatoes critics, and other people. I seen one review from this dude saying something like "if i wanted to be preached at...blah blah blah". Like for some reason this shyt really cutting deep to certain people. It's like i saw a completely different movie than them. :dahell:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Actually typing on a message board and answering your post that quoted me. No turning up.

Second no one gives a fukk about your opinion

Third the director would have no problem saying he taking shots at Biden. But he would do that through the actors in the white house role.

Actually what is happening here is you doubling down for being called out on a stupid take. Instead of any useful commentary for a discussion about the movie, you keep playing right wing bingo. Did you win yet?
Why are you accusing me of being right wing? This movie is a leftist movie. Leftists hate Biden. There's a character who resembles Biden in appearance and mannerisms. You really think it's unreasonable that Adam McKay decided to mock Biden on top of mocking tech billionaires? That he's incapable of doing two things at once?

You're the one making assumptions of my political beliefs just because of how I interpret fukking mannerisms :mjlol:. You don't even know what I think of Biden, bro. But I know the key points that people attack Biden for on both sides, and that character had them in spades.

Just shut up, enjoy the movie, and stop taking shots at people and making assumptions about their beliefs because of some minor shyt. That's silly.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
i can't believe this movie is being trashed by so many critics, Rotten Tomatoes critics, and other people. I seen one review from this dude saying something like "if i wanted to be preached at...blah blah blah". Like for some reason this shyt really cutting deep to certain people. It's like i saw a completely different movie than them. :dahell:
Hit dogs holler :yeshrug:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you accusing me of being right wing? This movie is a leftist movie. Leftists hate Biden. There's a character who resembles Biden in appearance and mannerisms. You really think it's unreasonable that Adam McKay decided to mock Biden on top of mocking tech billionaires? That he's incapable of doing two things at once?

You're the one making assumptions of my political beliefs just because of how I interpret fukking mannerisms :mjlol:. You don't even know what I think of Biden, bro. But I know the key points that people attack Biden for on both sides, and that character had them in spades.

Just shut up, enjoy the movie, and stop taking shots at people and making assumptions about their beliefs because of some minor shyt. That's silly.
He doesn’t resemble Biden at all except that’s he’s old and white. Biden is known for gaffes and being old . His stuttering is nothing Like biden

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
The fact that this thread has reached 23 pages has piqued my interest.

I'll give it a watch since it's doing such a good job of stirring up so much controversey. I'm fairly open-minded.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I wanted to punch so many of these characters though :scust:

sad part is, I can see all this happening

edit: I’m sure we all see the parallels to COVID and how it’s being handled

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
:ohhh: Damn this movie was actually pretty good

Ole girl being mad as hell the whole movie about the general charging them for the free snacks was :pachaha:
I find her fascination with the general charging them like a parable for the overarching theme of movie as a whole. Why did the general screw them outta money even though he had no real reason to? Because he’s greedy and selfish. Why did the government decide to let the comet hit the planet even though they had more than enough time and resource to destroy it? Because they were greedy and selfish. Rugged individualism is basically to all of our detriment, small and large scale.

Plus, as a running gag, it was hilarious :russ:she was so pressed by that shyt

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I find her fascination with the general charging them like a parable for the overarching theme of movie as a whole. Why did the general screw them outta money even though he had no real reason to? Because he’s greedy and selfish. Why did the government decide to let the comet hit the planet even though they had more than enough time and resource to destroy it? Because they were greedy and selfish. Rugged individualism is basically to all of our detriment, small and large scale.

Plus, as a running gag, it was hilarious :russ:she was so pressed by that shyt

:leon: When you put it like that, makes sense

Goes to show you that people ain’t shyt whether they’re at the top of society, the middle or bottom

dap + rep :salute:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Great movie, hopefully opens a few eyes and makes a few anti-vaxxers and anti-science types open their eyes.

Movie was scarily accurate.