DON'T fukk THIS UP (AGAIN) KYLE!!....2024 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS SEASON THREAD.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our Offensive Line.

Tackles

Trent Williams - HOF Tackle. Trent Williams is the best Left Tackle in the NFL. Even at his advanced age. He has the feet of ballerina. The strength of a Bull and the speed of a jaguar. He treats 290 lb defensive ends like wet cats and throws them away. He is prone to being knicked up more often being 36 years old. But he is the best overall player on the team and he needs to get a contract worked out, The offensive line depends on him and it isn't arguable, The second best lineman is Aaron Banks who is good but not elite and the 2nd best tackle is Colton McKivitz who to me is average even though he is a nice guy and hard worker.

Performance: A+
Potential: B+
Overall: A

Colton McKivitz - 2020 Fifth Round Pick. I didn't love the McKivitz drafting even at round 5. Despite his 6'6 frame. He has 32 inch arms and small hands which really makes him better as a guard on top of him being a bad pass blocker. With that said he has been a team player and despite his modest contract he has done a yeoman's job at right tackle. While at times he's been overmatched due to his physical limitations he has also looked very solid. It's clear Shanahan trusts Chris Foerester for his continued development, They are clearly relying on better right guard play to make McKivitz's job easier. With that said. The 49ers needed to upgrade at the position this offseason they needed to spend an earlier pick at tackle especially in this draft which was extremely deep at guard and tackle.

Performance: C+
Potential C+
Overall: C+

Chris Hubbard - Veteran Titans Tackle. Hubbard in his prime was among the leagues better tackles. Age and injuries have diminished him, I think he is an ideal backup because he can play both tackle positions in a pinch. When healthy he is still a good run blocker and average as a pass blocker either way he can still play meaningful snaps as he did play roughly half the season as a starter,

Performance: C
Potential: C-
Overall: C

Jaylon Moore - On paper. I think Jaylon Moore should have been cut 2 seasons ago, But he is the teams only true swing tackle. He has a few starts under his belt and while they are unspectacular the coaching staff seems to like him as he has been on the main roster the past few years. I hope he never has to see the field in any real capacity. If so it means the team is in real trouble.

Performance: C-
Potential C-
Overall: C-

Brandon Parker - Veteran Tackle former Raiders 3rd round pick from the 2018 Draft. Brandon Parker of you looked at his measurements should be a very good tackle, but his tape is highly inconsistent and health as been an issue. If he makes the roster it will be as an emergency tackle. For someone with his measurables his technique should be way better. He has inconsistent feet, inconsistent bend, he is a victim to speed rushers and he isn't a good enough run blocker to compensate for that. I see him as a practice squad player. Maybe a fringe backup.

Potential C-
Overall: C-

Sebastian Gutierrez - So we traded an Alfredo for a Sebastian. Sebastian is an American player though who signed as a UDFA for the Broncos in 2022. He is a developmental prospect who has long odds to make a roster.

Performance: D
Potential: D
Overall: D

Guards

Aaron Banks - Starting Left Guard. Despite a rough rookie year. Banks has developed in to a solid if unspectacular left guard. Despite this we may have to look for a replacement after this season as it is the last year of his rookie contract and the market will be well above what we can afford to pay him. Banks is a very good run blocker and an average pass blocker. But he would be an upgrade to a lot teams current guard situations in the 2025-2026 seasons.

Performance: B
Potential: B
Overall: B

Dominic Puni - What an ironic last name. Puni is a 2024 Rookie drafted from Kansas in the 3rd Round. Puni has a strange build. He is very much top heavy with a barrel chest and bug arms. but small legs. BUT at 6'5 310 he has the strength of an ox and is a much better pass blocker than I anticipated based on his college tape. He has already won the starting right guard job and rightfully so. He could be a 10 year starter for us, heath permitting. He also as experience at tackle as well.

Performance: B+
Potential: B+
Overall: B+

Jon Feliciano - Veteran guard. Feliciano has experience and was an above average guard in both run blocking and pass blocking. Age and injuries are a concern at this point in his career, but it was wise to extend him another year as he knows the system and has experience at both guard positions and center.

Performance: B
Potential: C+
Overall: B-

Spencer Burford - 2022 4th round pick, Burford was named the starter his rookie year and was considered something of a steal in the 4th tound but his consistency and his football IQ are in question. When he is good he looks like an elite guard but more often he looks outmatched and lost and he has missed too many blocking assignments (which may have cost the team a Super Bowl). At this point going to season 3. I think Burford is a depth option but not a starter.

Performance: C
Potential: C

Nick Zakelj - Has quietly improved since he was drafted. I think he has made the most of his snaps and I think could be a solid backup at either guard position and has experience as center as well. I think he will be a future reserve guard.

Jarrett Kingston - Rookie Guard from USC. At 6'5 He is an interesting specimen. He has elite strength and good lateral movement. But he is indecisive blocker in space and he is not great a blocking at the second level. He is a solid prospect for a 6th round pick and he could be a very good reserve guard in a year or two should Jon Feliciano leave or retire after this season,

Centers

Jake Brendel -Considering he has essentially been a Great Value option at Center, Brendel has been great value for the dollar. Competent more often then not Brendel's deficiencies show when dealing with Bull rushers and really against power in general. On most teams he would not be a starter. This was a position we will need to address in this upcoming draft.

Performance: C+
Potential: C

Ben Bartch - Practice squad guard. I noted him as a center since he played significant snaps this offseason at Center, With that said. He could sneak onto the roster but it will really between him and Nick Zakelj who can also play at center.As it would be redundant to keep both.

Unit Analysis: Take Trent Williams out the equations and this offensive line is average at best. The fact the Lynch and company did not look to upgrade the position outside of Puni the past two drafts which were deep at O-Line to me is malpractice. We should have traded to get Kinglsley Suamatia who is a possible starter in year one at tackle, would be an immediate starter at righ tackle and a potential replacement for Trent Williams. This lack of attention to detail is why a team like Kansas City keeps winning Superbowls, They went and bolstered their offensive line protecting their signal caller and not to do the same for Brock Purdy is bad business. No one better get hurt because it is a skeleton crew in terms of depth here.

Unit Grade: B if Trent Williams plays C if not.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What’s the fukking latest with Aiyukkkkkkk brehs got damn this shyt is annoying
The latest is that CeeDee got a huge fukking contract which doesn't help Aiyuk's situation :mjlol:

I'm way more concerned about Trent. Brehs in here waiving it off but Trent is the kind of dude that will sit out and not give a fukk until his situation gets handled the way he wants.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The latest is that CeeDee got a huge fukking contract which doesn't help Aiyuk's situation :mjlol:

I'm way more concerned about Trent. Brehs in here waiving it off but Trent is the kind of dude that will sit out and not give a fukk until his situation gets handled the way he wants.

We finna be cooked these first 4-5 game King Ghidorah breh

:mjlol:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Trent def is that kind of dude but I think 49ers will pony up what he wants, they waiting on Aiyuk shyt to get resolved first to manipulate cap space

at least thats what Im telling myself :mjcry:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
:skip: they let Lamb sign a ridiculous ass contract once again allowing the price to go up by dragging their feet. They damn near let the price for Aiyuk increase by over 10-15 million dollars overall by fukkin around. Trent probably lookin at those restructures he did and said pay me, he forfeited a lot to help the cap and they in turn look out for Kittle and CMC. I bet if we got him some help on the line he'd have taken less but we obviously can't protect Brock without him.