Donald Trump Victory Speech: "We Are Going To Take Care Of Our African American People."

tstone

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda feel the same. Another way to look at it is, why not take a chance? Vote for Hillary and it's the same ol same ol. Vote for Trump, and who knows. That's a scary unknown though with Trump. But what do Black people have to lose at this point?

Or better yet, sit this one out. Voting on a national level really doesn't matter IMO. Local elections, state elections, yes, important. The Executive Office at this time though, waste of time.

This is incorrect, the department of education, justice and commerce, has a great impact on local communities. Most of these cities live off of federal funding. You think a trump justice department is going to prosecute local civil rights violators.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:yeshrug: At this point in the game I'd rather have Trump than Hillary. Black people always thrive when he have clear cut opposition we know is against us. For some odd reason we enjoy bullshytting ourselves when a Clinton and Obama is in office because we actually believe they are for us when they are simply tokens being used to pass the worst laws against black people.

Think of all the awesome black communities started during the Jim Crow era like Rosewood, Black wall Street in Durham and OKC, Seneca Village etc All these places were destroyed due to jealousy but make no mistake, they would still all exist right now if they were fukked up poverty riddled black neighborhoods.
Agreed I may vote for him over Clinton. Atleast he will have both Dems and Repubs fighting him for 1 term.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
This is incorrect, the department of education, justice and commerce, has a great impact on local communities. Most of these cities live off of federal funding. You think a trump justice department is going to prosecute local civil rights violators.
Trump will probably give the same civil rights protections to cops as minorities have in America.

but yeah...he's gonna bring us together.

This election proves how many Americans are absolut imbeciles with a flawed awareness of reality juxtaposed with history.

you will get what you deserve. Same with this country. It won't be pretty.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps

To be fair, I'll give you the DOJ, DOC, etc., and federal funding. That's a fair point. Still, a argument can be made to question whether any of these entities under Democrat control has really benefited us. Especially so in the last 8 years. Are our communities that much better off under the Obama administration vs. the Bush administration of eight years? If the answer to that question is no, then why not sit this election out in regards to the Executive office, or take a shot with Trump. It's like pissing in the grass vs pissing in a bush at this point.

On top of that, civil rights violators? Lets keep it reality with all of the high profile cases we've seen within the past few years, there hasn't been much justice for those who are victims of so called civil rights violators. In fact, I'm more disturbed as of late looking at the federal government's position and application of Title IX, and their support of grown men dressed like ladies using the girl's bathroom.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I think yall have to realize why Trump is saying this and even running for President in the first place.

This guy is motivated by Ego and Obama insulted him in that State Dinner. Talked about him like he was a little boy.
Things like that light a fire under people like Trump. His entire goal is to embarrass Obama as a President. This is why he's taking these shots at Obama for what he has or hasn't done for the black community.

I really believe the Democrats made a huge mistake by overlooking Obama's base and not encouraging Obama to ingratiate himself with it. The Demo are on some other ish right now (women, hispanic, gay & trans) they not thinking anything about black people. Trump sees that and is trying to exploit that weakness. I seriously doubted Trump's political ability but not anymore. They best take heed to his approach and prepare.