Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I woke up feeling better about the team.

Russ/THT finally look like they are over their potential trade worries. Vogel let Reeves get clutch mins. He still needs to wake the hell up about Bradley.

Team needed either Stanley Johnson or THT to close that game. Too many loose balls missed cause they were slow out there.

As long as Bron isnt WOAT in the 4th we should be ok :blessed:

277d39d5dabaa7b505e562a8e78ab8b8.gif

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
"On the other hand, if the Lakers are going to do anything in the buyout market at all — as they claim they will — their inactivity on minor salary dumps was borderline organizational malpractice.
The Lakers should have sent cash, DeAndre Jordan and Kent Bazemore to a team with an open roster spot and room below the tax (there were several). Because both are on minimum contracts, it didn’t even require cap room. Trading those two and filling their roster spots with a free agent for the rest of the year would have saved the Lakers about $8 million in luxury-tax payments alone and created two small trade exceptions. With the going rate on minimum-contract salary dumps being in the low $1 million range, this was a rather obvious opportunity to net millions in savings while opening two roster spots.

It’s the Buss family’s money, not mine or yours, but it’s odd to juxtapose “we can’t afford to pay Alex Caruso $8.6 million” against “we can afford to pay $8 million in added tax money by sitting on our hands.” Who knows if there was any additional motive here beyond just being asleep at the wheel, but it dims the positive glow from the Lakers having the good sense not to make a desperation trade last week."

Everything that didn't happen at the NBA trade deadline, featuring the Lakers and Thunder: Hollinger's Week That Was

This front office has made it abundantly clear that they have no idea what they're doing. Must be nice to be Pelinka, Magic got all the blame for the awful moves they made when they were co-GMs and now Klutch is the target. This front office can't even make the simplest moves on the margin.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Everything that didn't happen at the NBA trade deadline, featuring the Lakers and Thunder: Hollinger's Week That Was

This front office has made it abundantly clear that they have no idea what they're doing. Must be nice to be Pelinka, Magic got all the blame for the awful moves they made when they were co-GMs and now Klutch is the easy target. This front office can't even make the simplest moves on the margin.

I thought the same thing the article said. which leads me to believe that they probably will not make any buyout moves and just give up on the season.

Last edited: