Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

lib123

All Star
Daps
I personally agree. Westbrook needs to be a 6th man but the Lakers have to sign a PG who can at least fake start for them. Maybe the buyout market? The issue is, Westbrook is the only one capable of fake starting.

There biggest issue is they have the toughest schedule in the NBA for the 2nd half of the season. It won't be easy and Sacramento and New Orleans are on their neck.

Bron is basically the 1st unit PG. It would probably be easier to find another 3-and-D guy on the buyout market as a starter.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lakers need to make Russ a 6th man and cap his playing time at 18-20 minutes a game with his own 2nd unit (no Bron or AD). Also cap Bron and AD at 30 minutes so they’re fresh for the play-in or playoffs. The bottom of the West is still weak. What do you think?

@#1 pick
Your post comes off as Russ is the only or main issue when he’s not. The team as a whole is poorly constructed. Bench Russ & you still have zero defense being played. AD will still lack aggression

Anybody who still has hopes to salvage this season is a fool

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The Laker's main problem is their lack of quality depth/defense.....LA should target all 3 of these potential buyouts: D. Schroder, T.Young, and T.Thompson....I would cut Bazemore, Ellington, and Howard/Ariza

Hoping for a win tonight VS GS

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bron is basically the 1st unit PG. It would probably be easier to find another 3-and-D guy on the buyout market as a starter.
That's too much on Bron in terms of responsibility and there isn't much around Bron outside of AD that affords you using this as a legit option. The cup is bare in LA. That's literally the biggest issue aside from Westbrook's contract. The Lakers just don't have enough talent.

What teams like the Lakers do is have a bunch of rookie contracts of guys who can play roles in the rotation but the Lakers only have one (Reaves) who's capable.

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Your post comes off as Russ is the only or main issue when he’s not. The team as a whole is poorly constructed. Bench Russ & you still have zero defense being played. AD will still lack aggression

Anybody who still has hopes to salvage this season is a fool

I agree but my point is capping their minutes and having them play on completely separate units will let them put max effort on both sides of the ball. That’s the Lakers only hope.

lib123

All Star
Daps
That's too much on Bron in terms of responsibility and there isn't much around Bron outside of AD that affords you using this as a legit option. The cup is bare in LA. That's literally the biggest issue aside from Westbrook's contract. The Lakers just don't have enough talent.

What teams like the Lakers do is have a bunch of rookie contracts of guys who can play roles in the rotation but the Lakers only have one (Reaves) who's capable.

I think Bron can still carry the load at an elite level, just not for 30+ minutes. If he rests most of the 3rd quarter like Phil Jackson had Kobe do towards the end of his career, that’s the best bet.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think Bron can still carry the load at an elite level, just not for 30+ minutes. If he rests most of the 3rd quarter like Phil Jackson had Kobe do towards the end of his career, that’s the best bet.
Pop did it with Duncan as well. You have to account for 18 mpg wo Bron. You gotta have the talent to do that. The Lakers are one of the most talent-deficient teams in the NBA.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Pop did it with Duncan as well. You have to account for 18 mpg wo Bron. You gotta have the talent to do that. The Lakers are one of the most talent-deficient teams in the NBA.

Yeah you let Russ and Melo run the show for those 18 minutes. It’s worth a try IMO.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Laker's main problem is their lack of quality depth/defense.....LA should target all 3 of these potential buyouts: D. Schroder, T.Young, and T.Thompson....I would cut Bazemore, Ellington, and Howard/Ariza

Hoping for a win tonight VS GS
Baze is the best available 3 and D option for the Lakers. Frank and the staff have to take the all-star break and figure out how to get him playing effectively again.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah you let Russ and Melo run the show for those 18 minutes. It’s worth a try IMO.
I don't think that would work all that well. A big part of Westbrook success is he take a lot to get into a rhythm to be effective. I just think he's so ineffective, the bench is his best-case scenario.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
He got to the Finals with Cleveland cuz the East is trash. Bron won half his titles in Miami which is the only franchise he didn’t get to control everything.
Jesus Christ this fukkin bum ass nikka has no life and gets no ass :mjlol:

On a Friday afternoon he typing about Klutch :hhh:

All he does is post online about how much he hates LeBron James while suckin Kobe’s dikk

nikka is 37 years old slurping men..

fukkin useless faghot with no friends

lib123

All Star
Daps
I don't think that would work all that well. A big part of Westbrook success is he take a lot to get into a rhythm to be effective. I just think he's so ineffective, the bench is his best-case scenario.

I still think he can add value in short spurts if he’s running the show. But yeah if not he might as well stay on the bench.