Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Lakers have fallen victim to the sunk cost fallacy with Westbrook. They should have traded him 30 games ago.

I've been on the Fire Vogel train for awhile now, but all of his deficiencies, and hell, all of the Lakers deficiencies are directly attributable to Westbrook. Firing him now is pointless.

The WOATbrook trade cleared out their role players and defensive identity. It brought a declining star who can't even do what he was good at anymore (finishing at the rim), much less do what it takes to win (play smart, play defense). It will go down as, by far, the worst trade in Lakers history. And probably top 5 in NBA history.

The only way forward is to trade Westbrook at any cost. That alone will improve the team and secure a playoff spot.

After that, anything else is gravy. If you ship out THT, Nunn, and some of the old deadweight like DJ in a separate trade for at least a NBA replacement-level player, and hope you get a good buyout market guy maybe you could make some noise in the 'offs if AD mans up.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Lakers have fallen victim to the sunk cost fallacy with Westbrook. They should have traded him 30 games ago.

I've been on the Fire Vogel train for awhile now, but all of his deficiencies, and hell, all of the Lakers deficiencies are directly attributable to Westbrook. Firing him now is pointless.

The WOATbrook trade cleared out their role players and defensive identity. It brought a declining star who can't even do what he was good at anymore (finishing at the rim), much less do what it takes to win (play smart, play defense). It will go down as, by far, the worst trade in Lakers history. And probably top 5 in NBA history.

The only way forward is to trade Westbrook at any cost. That alone will improve the team and secure a playoff spot.

After that, anything else is gravy. If you ship out THT, Nunn, and some of the old deadweight like DJ in a separate trade for at least a NBA replacement-level player, and hope you get a good buyout market guy maybe you could make some noise in the 'offs if AD mans up.

Right, if after the deadline Avery Bradley is either out of the rotation or traded that will drastically help the team. Same goes for THT. And Reaves should only be getting limited minutes.

If they can get two good players out of the buyout market that would drastically improve this team.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
You talking about the Damien Lillard who got locked up in the olympics, started the year getting locked up on the court due to rule changes, then got hurt and hasn't done much since :mjlol:

Thought you guys would have learned your lesson with westbrook but I see your doubling down:mjlol:

You think they ain’t changing the rules for Dame once he get to GOAT franchise?

You telling me an actual shooting threat ain’t better than an actual bonehead that can’t shoot? There’s no way in hell it could be any worse with Dame than it is with Russ. At least him, Bron, AD, and Monk is enough offense for us to be mildly successful on that end.

Besides, your a disgusting Spurs stain that wishes us nothing but hell so you aren’t to be taken seriously :skip:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I just can’t get with the booing your own players. I felt bad when it was Kwame too. There’s no upside. Just stick to bullying them online.

I feel you, on a human level this shyt fukked up but bullying ain’t working and I don’t think it’s gonna work. We’ve met our match…:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I just can’t get with the booing your own players. I felt bad when it was Kwame too. There’s no upside. Just stick to bullying them online.

Can you decide on an angle to run with it one week your his biggest dikk rider then next your a Westbrook hater :mjlol:

Let this team do what it's going to do no point putting us in an even bigger hole the next few years for this team that isn't going to do shyt

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you decide on an angle to run with it one week your his biggest dikk rider then next your a Westbrook hater :mjlol:

Let this team do what it's going to do no point putting us in an even bigger hole the next few years for this team that isn't going to do shyt
I don’t like his game. I was a fan of his but it’s obvious he’s trash. However, on a human level, that shyt fukked up no matter how u look at it. Besides why boo Westbrook when you can boo Flabtony Davis? :russ:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You think they ain’t changing the rules for Dame once he get to GOAT franchise?

You telling me an actual shooting threat ain’t better than an actual bonehead that can’t shoot? There’s no way in hell it could be any worse with Dame than it is with Russ. At least him, Bron, AD, and Monk is enough offense for us to be mildly successful on that end.

Besides, your a disgusting Spurs stain that wishes us nothing but hell so you aren’t to be taken seriously :skip:

I'm saying how you know Dame a shooting threat? He wasn't when he was getting locked up in the olympics. He wasn't when he was getting locked up to start the season now that you can actually touch the ball handler. Everybody great until they not. Westbrook wasn't nearly this bad in Washington last year. Must be something about putting on a Laker jerseys that turn 1st ballot HOF to players you can't even put on the floor in overtime.:heh:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
You forgot to tag @GreatestLaker who wants to completely absolve LeBron from any fault in this debacle. They put together LeBron's wish list and we have to live with it.
Again. Lebron can not make trades. That's on management. I don't care how much lebron begged and pleaded for them to trade for westbrook. It's the gm who makes the trades. Not the player. Lebron wanted ty lue as the Lakers coach. Which would have been the right move but they instead went with vogel.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Again. Lebron can not make trades. That's on management. I don't care how much lebron begged and pleaded for them to trade for westbrook. It's the gm who makes the trades. Not the player. Lebron wanted ty lue as the Lakers coach. Which would have been the right move but they instead went with vogel.

Bron also wanted Dudley on the coaching staff and Caruso back but that didn’t happen.

Of course he had a hand in it but so do all star players nowadays

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Bron also wanted Dudley on the coaching staff and Caruso back but that didn’t happen.

Of course he had a hand in it but so do all star players nowadays
Yeah because these nikkas are dumb and are losers..

Kobe told Phil Jackson he was leaving and he was taking Slava Medevenko with him :mjlol:

Every NBA superstar has power over who he plays with.

Pelinka could’ve told AD and Bron no we ain’t trading for that dumb ass :heh:

He could’ve said no we not doin that

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
And the Lakers made Lue a contract offer he refused. Did you forget that part? :heh:

LeBron traded half the team for AD (which was the right move). It goes both ways.