Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why we should of signed Caruso. We just don’t have any bloody salary fillers or anything. This is what happens when we have cheap ownership.

Not a fan of the team but I'm not seeing how they are cheap they are paying Bron, AD, Westbrook a grip. I think they just bet on the wrong players.

Daps
Not a fan of the team but I'm not seeing how they are cheap they are paying Bron, AD, Westbrook a grip. I think they just bet on the wrong players.
They are cheap. We let him go knowing we have no assets. They didn’t want to sign him to what it was 8 mill or so because it would cost them 40 mill in taxes.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are cheap. We let him go knowing we have no assets. They didn’t want to sign him to what it was 8 mill or so because it would cost them 40 mill in taxes.

I mean I thought THT was the one they chose....Also they let schroder go as well...If they could do it again would it had been better to just resign the guys they had already the schorders, carusos and bring in like melo and howard as minimums?

Daps
I mean I thought THT was the one they chose....Also they let schroder go as well...If they could do it again would it had been better to just resign the guys they had already the schorders, carusos and bring in like melo and howard as minimums?
They did pick THT over Caruso because of the tax implications. Nothing stopped them from paying him. Of course if we could have a redo, keep last years team intact and adding Melo and Howard and Monk would be better. We just needed to keep whatever assets we had which was nothing as is then letting them go for free. Doubt Dennis would of signed though. Think there was really bad blood there.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Clippers really traded worse players than THT and Nunn for two decent role players that we could have.

Difference between great FO and our FO
The Lakers had no way to match that salary. Not a fair comparison.