Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Helps when two Microsoft colleagues own the teams
Paul Allen's sister now manages his assets. It's also been widely reported she doesn't really give a shyt. So, I don't think she was involved in the deal.

Whatever it is if Lakers made this trade whole nba would be up in arms
Yeah, not for the reason you think though. Theyd be surprised that the Pelinka did something competent after having AD gift-wrapped for him.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Paul Allen's sister now manages his assets. It's also been widely reported she doesn't really give a shyt. So, I don't think she was involved in the deal.

Yeah, not for the reason you think though. Theyd be surprised that the Pelinka did something competent after having AD gift-wrapped for him.

AD gift wrapped? we literally got taken to the back and robbed for everything we had. same thing the Thunder did to the Clippers with Paul George except worse.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
AD gift wrapped? we literally got taken to the back and robbed for everything we had. same thing the Thunder did to the Clippers with Paul George except worse.
Fair enough. Pelinka didn't have to do anything but fax the papers over. It seemed as if AD was going to make his way to the Lakers no matter what. Got a title so it was worth it.

Outside of the AD move does Rob have a signature transaction?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough. Pelinka didn't have to do anything but fax the papers over. It seemed as if AD was going to make his way to the Lakers no matter what. Got a title so it was worth it.

Outside of the AD move does Rob have a signature transaction?

He's been good with the marginal moves like drafting and role players and then completely botched that by going after the bigger names. Sadly the only reason the 2020 championship team was good was because he struck out in free agency going after the big names like Kawhi and had to spend the money on the free agents that were left like Danny Green and Markieff. Rob will always have an uphill battle due to his past as an agent(GM's hate agents and from what I read, he was pretty slimey) and he's the GM of the Lakers. that's double the battle. but he fukks himself over by pandering to Lebron and Klutch. I don't think he wanted to do the Russ deal, he wanted Buddy but once again Lebron and Klutch pushed the button.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
He's been good with the marginal moves like drafting and role players and then completely botched that by going after the bigger names. Sadly the only reason the 2020 championship team was good was because he struck out in free agency going after the big names like Kawhi and had to spend the money on the free agents that were left like Danny Green and Markieff. Rob will always have an uphill battle due to his past as an agent(GM's hate agents and from what I read, he was pretty slimey) and he's the GM of the Lakers. that's double the battle. but he fukks himself over by pandering to Lebron and Klutch. I don't think he wanted to do the Russ deal, he wanted Buddy but once again Lebron and Klutch pushed the button.
How would you feel about bringing Bledsoe in during off-season, he still with Klutch?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How would you feel about bringing Bledsoe in during off-season, he still with Klutch?

:yeshrug:

I couldn't care less. This team is so fukked in so many ways that getting a player like bledsoe would probably help if this was a functioning organization but it's not. Top to bottom, it's a mess. Whoever they sign never pan out, Malik has been the only one and that has more to do with him getting an actual opportunity and still having potential less to do with Vogel putting him in a position to succeed. Malik could be doing this anywhere if he got mins. All our other free agents are a mess. Look at what they did to Marc, made that dude quit basketball.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

They got Markief on a buyout if I’m not mistaken

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They got Markief on a buyout if I’m not mistaken

oh true. even less of a compliment to Markieff consdering Lakers usually get first pick in buyouts just because free agents want that spotlight and the money is even playing field