Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What did he do wrong? I don’t remember anything major

Well for one, woat substitutions. woat starting lineup.

lets just take it back to the last game, up 10, calls a timeout only after the Hawks go on a 11-0 run and we go down 1 and completely fukks the game over. there's a reason why we lead the league in blown double digit leads with 11 or 12. the rest of the teams below us are all young teams with young coaches. how are we consistently the worst team after halftime and bottom 1 team in the 3rd quarter? :jbhmm:

still starts avery bradley instead of playing Reaves when Reaves is a consistent positive on the court

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
So him not approving of their relationship is probably the reason why Phil kicked him out of practice I assume?

That’s still some disrespectful shut to do to a another grown ass man.

Cmon

Not sure if that’s what drove Phil to do that but it could be. Phil had his own ambitions on the Lakers which is why he and Jim clashed. Phil would’ve never came back in ‘06 if not for Dr. Buss and the prospects of coaching a more cooperative Kobe. Essentially speaking, it was a power struggle between Jim and Phil and Logo was alienated by it since Dr. Buss didn’t properly protect him from the new dynamics that were in play in the front office.

As I said, if Doc put the future of the franchise in Logo’s hands and just had the kids signing checks this wouldn’t be going on. Phil didn’t have enough clout within the franchise to oust Logo outright. It took Jim’s ascension to the throne and Phil’s ambitions for the throne that made Logo leave. To me, Logo had a legit beef when it comes to picking Jim over him. Moreover, Jim should’ve aligned himself with Logo since they shared an enemy in Phil but Jim is far too much of a megalomaniac and from what’s been said, Logo is also very demanding and needs a certain amount of control especially when it comes to the Lakers. But holding a grudge towards Jeanie because she dated Phil was and still is bullshyt. I’m sure there were very hurtful things said and done on both sides but at the root of their beef it’s bullshyt.

It’s all stupid as fukk. Jeanie is depending on the Rambi for help, Jim has been ousted, Phil never became king of the hill on the Lakers, and Logo has been going from team to team being used and collecting dust instead of being the venerated elder statesmen that he would be on the Lakers. I’m sayin, how the fukk would Jeanie be able to live with herself if Logo died tomorrow? Any memorial with her in it would seem fake as fukk. This is very beneath the Lakers’ more regal stature in sports. All the living Laker legends need to force those two together and make peace cuz it’s crazy it hasn’t happened yet. Kobe loved Logo and Jeanie both and his death couldn’t even bring em together. shyts disgusting.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Not sure if that’s what drove Phil to do that but it could be. Phil had his own ambitions on the Lakers which is why he and Jim clashed. Phil would’ve never came back in ‘06 if not for Dr. Buss and the prospects of coaching a more cooperative Kobe. Essentially speaking, it was a power struggle between Jim and Phil and Logo was alienated by it since Dr. Buss didn’t properly protect him from the new dynamics that were in play in the front office.

As I said, if Doc put the future of the franchise in Logo’s hands and just had the kids signing checks this wouldn’t be going on. Phil didn’t have enough clout within the franchise to oust Logo outright. It took Jim’s ascension to the throne and Phil’s ambitions for the throne that made Logo leave. To me, Logo had a legit beef when it comes to picking Jim over him. Moreover, Jim should’ve aligned himself with Logo since they shared an enemy in Phil but Jim is far too much of a megalomaniac and from what’s been said, Logo is also very demanding and needs a certain amount of control especially when it comes to the Lakers. But holding a grudge towards Jeanie because she dated Phil was and still is bullshyt. I’m sure there were very hurtful things said and done on both sides but at the root of their beef it’s bullshyt.

It’s all stupid as fukk. Jeanie is depending on the Rambi for help, Jim has been ousted, Phil never became king of the hill on the Lakers, and Logo has been going from team to team being used and collecting dust instead of being the venerated elder statesmen that he would be on the Lakers. I’m sayin, how the fukk would Jeanie be able to live with herself if Logo died tomorrow? Any memorial with her in it would seem fake as fukk. This is very beneath the Lakers’ more regal stature in sports. All the living Laker legends need to force those two together and make peace cuz it’s crazy it hasn’t happened yet. Kobe loved Logo and Jeanie both and his death couldn’t even bring em together. shyts disgusting.
I would like to think that Magic can that bridge gap

Jerry is pissed off but if asked he would come back to the Lakers in a heartbeat…

Jeannie has to be the bigger person he’s degraded himself with the Clipper stench it’s horrible..

I wonder if this piece the Athletic just did closes the gap?

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Gospel.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I would like to Magic bridge that gap

Jerry is pissed off but if asked he would come back to the Lakers in a heartbeat…

Jeannie has to be the bigger person he’s degraded himself with the Clipper stench it’s horrible..

Agreed, Earv the only one who can probably fix this. Jeanie legit loves that nikka like a brother and would lean back if he pressed her on it. The nikka quit and was up in the owner's box the next day with her. He knows she got his back no matter what :mjlol:

Earv is a god in LA. He can't do shyt wrong. :dead:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well for one, woat substitutions. woat starting lineup.

lets just take it back to the last game, up 10, calls a timeout only after the Hawks go on a 11-0 run and we go down 1 and completely fukks the game over. there's a reason why we lead the league in blown double digit leads with 11 or 12. the rest of the teams below us are all young teams with young coaches. how are we consistently the worst team after halftime and bottom 1 team in the 3rd quarter? :jbhmm:

still starts avery bradley instead of playing Reaves when Reaves is a consistent positive on the court
Jerry West :dwillhuh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I would like to think that Magic can that bridge gap

I hope it does. And there’s at least a slight chance that it might. I can’t imagine those higher paying season tickets holders are happy that Kurt fukkin Rambis is a major figure in the front office while Logo is on the Clippers.

Maybe this public outing will help stimulate reconciliation but as it’s gone so far I think it’ll deepen the wounds instead.

This shyt so dumb. Our front office is a joke but Jeanie think she has the luxury to beef with the man that had a major hand in the majority of our success. Logo by himself could prolly put together a world class front office but Jeanie gon ask Kurt for help cuz Linda her girl. :snoop: