Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So Brogdon at a Wade/Byrie level or gonna be a 4th/5th scoring option like Rondo/Mario?

But you right we can't get him with our scraps

You just proved that Bron can work next to a heavy ballhandler all the way from a #2 option to a #5. Brogdom would be between a Wade and a Chalmers - he'd obviously be the #3 option. Hell, if Brogdon progresses he could be an excellent #2 for most of the season.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
You just proved that Bron can work next to a heavy ballhandler all the way from a #2 option to a #5. Brogdom would be between a Wade and a Chalmers - he'd obviously be the #3 option. Hell, if Brogdon progresses he could be an excellent #2 for most of the season.
He’s hurt a lot though

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He’s hurt a lot though

The entire conversation is theoretical because Indy ain't gonna let the Lakers have Brogdon anyway.

But they'd take half a Brogdon over anyone else they're getting for Westbrook, especially half a Brogdon + another body like these fantasy deals claim.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Good fit on offense. Not a "perfect fit" cause he's a trash trash defender. You really need a couple great perimeter defenders around to help hide him if you're gonna win anything with CJ in a big role - the fact that he and Dame both were weak spots at defense is a big reason why Portland had trouble winning. And out of the two CJ was worse on that end.

If I'm the Lakers I'd take a good defender who provides 70% of CJ's offense over CJ.

The Money LA saves by having CJ instead of Russ could've been spent on a good defensive wing.(Covington ?).........Of course, the other team(s) would have to agree to the trade.......And I know any trade with portland would've required the 3rd team.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It’s gonna be real interesting if Bron doesn’t extend in August. Judging by his press conference it doesn’t sound like he wants to stay with this dysfunctional franchise any longer :russ:

Ya’ll nikkas might get ya’ll wish

These servers would be down for weeks if Bron actually got traded :laff:

Last edited:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
It’s gonna be real interesting if Bron doesn’t extend in August. Judging by his press conference it doesn’t sound like he wants to stay with this wretched dysfunctional franchise any longer :russ:

Ya’ll nikkas might get ya’ll wish

These servers would be down for weeks if Bron actually got traded :laff:

City might throw a mini parade outside Crypto if it happens :wow:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Ain't no way Indy is dumping an asset like Brogdon for basically nothing.

That said, y'all say some dumb shyt.

Wade wasn't an off-ball guard
Kyrie wasn't an off-ball guard
Rondo wasn't an off-ball guard

Bron has won titles with ball-handling guards every time. Look at the time-of-possession #'s - at times he wasn't even the #1 ballhandler on his team, and in some of those Miami years you had fukking Mario Chalmers on-ball almost as much as Bron was. Actual basketball is being played out there, don't just follow the narratives.

Brogdon is always injuried so I can see them trying to get out of that contract.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The Money LA saves by having CJ instead of Russ could've been spent on a good defensive wing.(Covington ?).........Of course, the other team(s) would have to agree to the trade.......And I know any trade with portland would've required the 3rd team.

Of course CJ is better than Russ. I'm just saying that CJ isn't "perfect". But I'm always weighing defense more highly here than most posters do.