Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Year 1, his adjustments were good especially in the playoffs. Year 2, the FO adding Drummond just messed it up. This year he was just bad, even with the roster he just had bad rotations that I couldn't defend. I am okay with letting him go but should be done respectfully. One of the few guys who won here, better to end it on a good note.
A bit of revisionist history.

Plenty of people was complaining about Vogel prior to that. Even some wondering if he coasting on the championship and going back to his Orlando days.

However, ultimately LeBron/AD only playing 22 games together did the team in. Even with Russ's sabotage.

You fire Vogel if you're seriously thinking of trading AD. AD is what made Frank's defense really go.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
gonna be 3 coaches in 5 seasons with Bron

Kobe had 6 coaches (not counting interims) in 20 seasons :wow:

Cause Kobe had Phil Jackson (literally one of the greatest coaches ever) for the majority of his career. Vogel has lasted longer with Bron than any Kobe coach not named Phil and Kobe's overall coach turnover rate was worse than Bron's outside of the GOAT coach.

Under Kobe:

Del Harris: 2+ seasons
Kurt Rambis: 1/2 season
Rudy Tomjanovich: 1/2 season
Frank Hamblen: 1/2 season
Mike Brown: 1 season
Mike D'Antoni: 2 seasons
Byron Scott: 2 seasons

Under Bron:

Luke Walton: 1 season
Frank Vogel: 3 seasons

You thought you had something there. :mjlol:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Last post… I don’t like giving LeGBT too much energy these days

Didn’t read :ahh:
Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis
Otis2.png

mask.png

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
A bit of revisionist history.

Plenty of people was complaining about Vogel prior to that. Even some wondering if he coasting on the championship and going back to his Indiana days.

However, ultimately LeBron/AD only playing 22 games together did the team in. Even with Russ's sabotage.

You fire Vogel if you're seriously thinking of trading AD. AD is what made Frank's defense really go.
People were complaining year 1 but gave him praise because he did adjust ultimately in the playoffs and was good. I personally always gave him a pass in year 2 because that Andre Drummond shyt and forcing him to play 25 mins was out of his hand. But you are right at the end of the day, if your top 2 guys are missing time like the last 2 years you wont do anything. Frank was able to skate last year because our role players were solid, this year they were not. All I am saying is in terms of blame, he is not in top 3 even if people think we should have moved on.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Really can’t see the Lakers job being attractive on and off the court.

Gotta deal with a inconsistent super political FO and an demanding fanbase off court and on court, an aging superstar, an oft injured #2, a beleaguered star PG and cast of misfits.

Coaching Bron and Russ at this point in their careers gotta be an extreme challenge. Who has enough clout to gain their respect?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Damn yall said fukk this last game. It's a ghost town in here. Austin Reeves and Monk having their best games all season

What's the matter? Just treat it like yall treated Kobe's last game :lolbron:

Where yall at? :mjcry:

Send this whole thread to the bushes

mask.png

Denver didn't give a shyt and played zero defense that game. If Bron had been in and scored 50-60 to take the scoring title this board would have had a fukking meltdown. :deadrose:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People were complaining year 1 but gave him praise because he did adjust ultimately in the playoffs and was good. I personally always gave him a pass in year 2 because that Andre Drummond shyt and forcing him to play 25 mins was out of his hand. But you are right at the end of the day, if your top 2 guys are missing time like the last 2 years you wont do anything. Frank was able to skate last year because our role players were solid, this year they were not. All I am saying is in terms of blame, he is not in top 3 even if people think we should have moved on.
Nah breh we saw lots of complaints about Frank year 2. I just think for Frank to really work he NEEDED AD looking like Giannis/Embiid and Bron playing more of a PG role. That slow tempo/Big defensive lineup was gold for him.

However, once it you added new parts he had his issues and should have been strong enough to move/re-insert guys. And its hard to blame just Drummond when we still had injuries as well.

I don't blame him. I just think Vogel is limited. There's really just one style we can win with him.

As much as we crapped on Kuzma. I think that was the most mismanaged player.

I had no problem with Vogel staying if they really believed that once moving Russ they had a plan to get AD physically right. I think this opens the door to trading him IMO.

Gotta deal with a inconsistent super political FO and an demanding fanbase off court and on court, an aging superstar, an oft injured #2, a beleaguered star PG and cast of misfits.

Coaching Bron and Russ at this point in their careers gotta be an extreme challenge. Who has enough clout to gain their respect?
Ironically, it was probably JKidd. Who many thought would sabotage Vogel...before Sabo.

I think Russ is traded so they are going with a fresh start overall.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I can't imagine anyone with options taking the job if Russ is still there. The Lakers getting rid of Russ has to be a demand for anyone before they sign that contract.

With Bron there doesn't seem to be problems so long as the job is getting done. In 2020 LeBron was executing Vogel's systems extremely well on the way to the title. And this year he was literally the only thing keeping Vogel alive on the offensive end (much like he did for Mike Brown for years). The main issue is that you know he has the power to ask for your head if you ain't getting stuff done.