Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lakers are better off keeping Westbrook than taking on bad contracts. Maybe move him at the trade deadline to a desperate team if he plays okay next year.

Replace Ariza, Melo, Dwight (:mjcry:), Bradley, Bazemore, and Ellington with guys who can shoot and defend and aren't old.

Pray AD doesn't tank the season by getting injured again.

Try to sign free agents to come play with AD when Bron and Westbrook leave. Really consider trading AD after next year to get some picks back.

Ya'll know I'm Bron stan so honestly I don't care what ya'll do after next year. I just want Bron's final year in LA to be competitive.

If Pelinka does the above the team should at least be .500 next year.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
To me Lakers will be alright. The real major concern that they need to address is defense. They need to go back to building the team around that for now cause that is the only way Lebron will be able to be more efficient at this age. I never knew how great of a system it was when looking back at the last two years.

Defensive minded players including AD & Lebron on offense. Lakers just needed another scoring threat :francis:.

Lakers need defense, a center, youth, and a coach who knows how to rotate.
There’s nothing to build with. This team is stuck. :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me Lakers will be alright. The real major concern that they need to address is defense. They need to go back to building the team around that for now cause that is the only way Lebron will be able to be more efficient at this age. I never knew how great of a system it was when looking back at the last two years.

Defensive minded players including AD & Lebron on offense. Lakers just needed another scoring threat :francis:.

You add some defense and a decent 5 to the Lakers and they STILL get destroyed by 5 or 6 teams in the West next season.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Lakers are better off keeping Westbrook than taking on bad contracts. Maybe move him at the trade deadline to a desperate team if he plays okay next year.

Replace Ariza, Melo, Dwight (:mjcry:), Bradley, Bazemore, and Ellington with guys who can shoot and defend and aren't old.

Pray AD doesn't tank the season by getting injured again.

Try to sign free agents to come play with AD when Bron and Westbrook leave. Really consider trading AD after next year to get some picks back.

Ya'll know I'm Bron stan so honestly I don't care what ya'll do after next year. I just want Bron's final year in LA to be competitive.

If Pelinka does the above the team should at least be .500 next year.
Nah Bron should be traded now
Yall nikkas can fukk off to the other team he goes
This nikka fukked our season up doing his legm shyt
Can’t wait till you nikkas are gone:mjgrin:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Bruh we ain’t getting NOTHING of quality for Russ. We either accept just being a middle of the road playoff team and let LeBron get his milestones, try flip AD and give Bron a shot at another ring or go full on savage mode and trade both to salvage the future of the team :francis:

they just need decent role players

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Caruso
KCP
Kuzma
Danny Green
Rondo

Vital defenders from the title team. Green and Rondo are washed but could have used Kuz to trade for a guard like Derrick White.

They were better off keeping their title team together
Most laker fans thought this. Imagine giving up a pick for Schroeder and that pick would have.l been Desmond bane.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Yeah that’s sounds great but how you gonna get these guys?

It’s gonna be hard to get these guys

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You know, no matter what happens, "Playoff mode activated" and "Keep that same energy" really going down in history as epic disasters. :russ:

Lakers went 3-12 after the first and finished in 11th in the second and missed the playoffs in both. :wow:

Yup.

Facts is facts.

Question now is....do we blow it up? Gave away all our yoof the first time. Unless we get a player in their prime, I don't want to do this shyt again.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Yup.

Facts is facts.

Question now is....do we blow it up? Gave away all our yoof the first time. Unless we get a player in their prime, I don't want to do this shyt again.
We have no other choice but to blow it up and start a rebuild with the pieces we can get for Bron and AD.
Experiment is over