Don’ be a Sabo while chasin’ 4 rings in LA: 2021-22 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers season thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Westbrick 2-6
Reaves 0-5
Carmelo 1-6
Gabriel 1-8
Bradley 1-3
Ellington 0-2
Augustin 0-2

:bryan:

Everyone not named LeBron combined to shoot 34% from the field and 25% from 3pt tonight.

If LeBron just busted his ass on defense while Westbrook/Monk/Reaves were out there as sieves, then all those missed shots would go in.

:wow:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
How do you expect the Lakers to win games when you have Reave/Johnson in the starting lineup and Russ playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake...Then you have a bench full of shyt (Howard, Ellington, Bazemore, Augustin, Bradley)......Monk has been playing like trash ever since he started dating what's her name.

No AD/Nunn

Also, LA made no moves at the deadline.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kobe wasn’t stat padding in 2013 fukking goofy.

Of course not, he was just taking 20+ shots a game and playing zero defense whatsoever for a team that horrifically underperformed after starting the year as a title favorite.

Focusing all your energy on scoring while not even trying on defense is only "stat-padding" if LeBron does it....and Bron has actually shown effort on defense for good stretches of the year whereas Kobe failed to play defense in 2013 from beginning to end.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The lakers offensive rating is 24th in the NBA. 2006 lakers were 8th. 2007 7th. Even 2005 we missed the playoffs and no Phil we had the 7th ranked offense. NEVER was Kobe putting up big stats on a team with a shytty offense. You fukk nikkas are gonna stop with the lazy bullshyt tryna sully Kobe’s name to excuse Brons behavior.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Of course not, he was just taking 20+ shots a game and playing zero defense whatsoever for a team that horrifically underperformed after starting the year as a title favorite.

Focusing all your energy on scoring while not even trying on defense is only "stat-padding" if LeBron does it....and Bron has actually shown effort on defense for good stretches of the year whereas Kobe failed to play defense in 2013 from beginning to end.

2013 lakers had the 9th ranked offense and BEST RECORD IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON YOU fukkING IDIOT

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
2013 lakers had the 9th ranked offense and BEST RECORD IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON YOU fukkING IDIOT

Way to completely ignore what I said. :mjlol:

Did Kobe focus completely on offense in 2013 while playing zero defense that season from beginning to end or no?

Did the Lakers horrifically underperform despite a stacked team of all-star quality players or no?

Did that team only make the playoffs because they clinched their last 3 wins without Kobe even on the court or no?

Did virtually the entire Lakers media and fanbase call Kobe out for playing some of the worst defense they had ever seen that year, even though he was perfectly capable of playing good defense, or not?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In no season did Kobe stat pad even the Smush Parker lakers had a top 10 ranked offense thanks to Kobe. He scored 81 in the flow of the game. He never stat padded. You nikkas do not watch basketball.

Phil Jackson literally called Kobe out for stat padding and that was back before he got even more egregious with it. :dead:

We're talking the guy who would shoot 1-9 with a lead in the last 4 minutes alone when he desperately need to keep his 40-point streak alive....the guy who averaged 24 shots/game despite having prime Shaq on his team....the guy who would sometimes shoot 40-50 times more than Shaq in a single playoff series just because he needed to get his...the guy who set the mark for the most FGA in a season in the last 20 years....the guy who decided to turn 2013 into his personal all-offense, zero-defense quest no matter how badly the team played as a result....the guy who shot 20+ times a game in 2015 at a 37% clip even though he was completely washed and the young players needed their development....and the guy who took 50 shots in his final game for absolutely zero reason except he was trying to get a big total....

Yeah, we're really believing you that that guy never stat-padded. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How do you expect the Lakers to win games when you have Reave/Johnson in the starting lineup and Russ playing like he doesn't want to make a mistake...Then you have a bench full of shyt (Howard, Ellington, Bazemore, Augustin, Bradley)......Monk has been playing like trash ever since he started dating what's her name.

No AD/Nunn

Also, LA made no moves at the deadline.

Lakers being as poorly constructed as they were yet not making any moves and not even getting anyone off waivers is fukked up. Like the front office gave up on the season already.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim so full of shyt when it comes to the Lakers season. He ain’t never fukked with the Lakers a day in his life but he still doing 2009 Stan wars

When did I ever pretend I fukked with the Lakers? :heh:

I don't even give a shyt about "stan wars" other than to respond to those casting shade. Bron's place has been cemented since 2016. Have you EVER seen me start a stan war thread in here, even once?

I'm not even 1/3 as invested in the "stan wars" as the numbskulls in here who are playing stan war games against their own fukking star. :mjlol:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California

I don't even give a shyt about "stan wars" other than to respond to those casting shade. Bron's place has been cemented since 2016. Have you EVER seen me start a stan war thread in here, even once?

I'm not even 1/3 as invested in the "stan wars" as the numbskulls in here who are playing stan war games against their own fukking star. :mjlol:
You’re in a thread about the Los Angeles Lakers 2021-2022 season. You’re responding to shade because some of the shade is being on thrown on your guy by Laker fans. If LeBron played for the Kings you would not be here

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
1) the 2013 squad made the playoffs.
2) Kobe didn't build it

1) If the 2013 Lakers had had anything like this year's injuries (say Kobe missing 20 games, Dwight missing most of the season, and Nash missing the entire season), they wouldn't have had a fukking prayer of making the playoffs. Considering their top 2 played 75+ games each and their top-5 played over 330 games, they were far more disappointing.

2) No board like a Laker board for rewriting history:

Jeanie Buss says Kobe Bryant told the Lakers they should sign Dwight Howard

Kobe Bryant Closes Steve Nash Deal, Still Best Closer in the Game

Kobe Bryant's Doin' Work: Mamba Recruiting For the Los Angeles Lakers?!