Dominic West feels the next James Bond should be a man... a transman

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dominic West says the next James Bond should be transgender

Dominic West has waded into the debate on who should play the next James Bond, suggesting producers should select a transgender person.

The British star also had someone in mind – Hannah Graf, the highest-ranking transgender soldier in the British army.

West told The Sunday Times Magazine: “She’s a beautiful girl who could be Bond. They should have a transgender Bond because there are a lot of transgender people in the army. That’s actually a brilliant idea.”

Graf is a captain in the electrical engineers. The Wire star met her after starring alongside her transgender husband Jake Graf in new film Colette, which also stars Keira Knightley.

Responding to West’s recommendation, Graf said she was “very flattered” that West mentioned her as a successor to Daniel Craig in the role.

“I don’t think I’m going to become an actress anytime soon, but there’s no reason why there shouldn’t be a transgender Bond,“ she said. ”We’ve seen too many men in hero-type roles and women playing second fiddle.”

West said he didn’t see producers casting a woman as Bond as “these things are gender specific”. He did say, however, he’d jump at the chance of playing the role himself.

“Of course I would [take it], but I don’t think I will be [offered the role],” he told the magazine.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
giphy.gif