Doja Cat's first week sales of her new album: 55K

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
its crazy that this was her rollout.

have we ever seen an artist rollout an album by shytting on their fans and the music they like from you?
I don't think it mattered tho. If she had hits people would listen. I think this is one of those major label records where the label tries and tries to reason with a difficult artist before saying "ok fine, we'll do it your way." No features, limited pop appeal...it was obvious it was gonna struggle. From here she gets to decide what she wants. Do you want to do the songs the label wants you to do, or do you want to bomb out and go back to being a troll artist who can't afford the best coke in LA. I'm always gonna respect artists who go against the grain but I'm not sure I can here because this seems more about self destruction than artistic principle. This isn't Kendrick dropping TPAB instead of a commercial followup. Or Solange doing what she did instead of the thot anthems fans wanted. Instead this is...well, what I thought might happen to SZA. A frustrated, mentally shot major label artist just setting herself on fire because she's not getting her way enough.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don't think it mattered tho. If she had hits people would listen. I think this is one of those major label records where the label tries and tries to reason with a difficult artist before saying "ok fine, we'll do it your way." No features, limited pop appeal...it was obvious it was gonna struggle. From here she gets to decide what she wants. Do you want to do the songs the label wants you to do, or do you want to bomb out and go back to being a troll artist who can't afford the best coke in LA. I'm always gonna respect artists who go against the grain but I'm not sure I can here because this seems more about self destruction than artistic principle. This isn't Kendrick dropping TPAB instead of a commercial followup. Or Solange doing what she did instead of the thot anthems fans wanted. Instead this is...well, what I thought might happen to SZA. A frustrated, mentally shot major label just setting herself on fire because she's not getting her way enough.
A;so, I said it when she released the 2nd single. Black folks don’t fukk with devil/demon imagery and themes

alot of her fans didn’t check for music because of that too

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I could give a fukk about Doja Cat one way or the other but she’s sold out like 90% of the tickets for her arena tour already (full capacity not the upper level closed fake arena tours) and the first single broke a bunch of records and those streams don’t count towards her first week. Pretty sure she’s not stressing it right now…..

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Them small hats bout to send her ass to Dubai to recoup. Come back looking like the Popeyes lady gif