Doja Cat's first week sales of her new album: 55K

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Doja is already on her fourth single with Agora Hills. Both ATTN and Demons debuted high only to drop off the charts and PTTR needed an entire radio deal to pop. Now that said, Doja has always been a slow and steady seller. Hopefully Agora Hills helps put some legs on this album. If that 55k figure is even remotely true it's extremely shocking.
Those were promo singles. They were pushed by the label.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I think the problem is shyt women pass off as “pop” music don’t really appeal to the popular crowd as a whole, just a small to medium range of females, I can’t see many females beyond 24 being hardcore fans of her and beyond 26 being casuals.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Well, I think she had that till she called all of them idiots?
That could be part of it. She may have overplayed her hand a bit by antagonizing her fans. Maybe word of mouth will bring ppl back to listen.
Those were promo singles. They were pushed by the label.
They were pushed heavily by the label with added controversy regarding the Demons video with a cameo from Christina Ricci and still didn't perform well. They'll likely rebound next week but I'll have to keep an eye on their longevity.
Doja cat will sell more than him in the long run
Maybe.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I think the problem is shyt women pass off as “pop” music don’t really appeal to the popular crowd as a whole, just a small to medium range of females, I can’t see many females beyond 24 being hardcore fans of her and beyond 26 being casuals.
No it's actually the opposite. Doja Cat gained the majority of her success releasing catchy pop songs with some rapping and R&B elements. Her music is perfect for the general public. This new album is not that so those same audiences may not be interested in this sound from Doja. We'll see.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I called it weeks ago. Come take the L @Cladyclad

The album will keep selling for months but it's not gonna be like the last one at all, sales wise. No features, one track that people will play over and over.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
shyt on your fans and expect them to stream your music, c00ncettes

shytting on your most loyal fans is a horrible idea.

expect diminishing returns commercially from here on out.
its crazy that this was her rollout.

have we ever seen an artist rollout an album by shytting on their fans and the music they like from you?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
in this type of song. Giving her history what "type" of men do you think shes showing off:beli:

within the answer, shows why you dudes hyping her are clowns

edit- your name is pawg life so you're already a c00n and a clown
OIP.PE1N2zIeyEMkzeXIIUAxjAHaEW