Doja Cat - Scarlet (Discussion Thread) ALBUM OUT NOW! *NO FEATURES* NEW SONG/MUSIC VIDEO "Agora Hills" Out Now!

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is throwback to late 90’s - early 2000 hip hop.. you can tell she is influenced by lil Wayne, erykah badu, busta/missy and Nicki etc.. by her flow

Btw “can’t wait” is so refreshing to hear in This era of music…

So, all that demon stuff was obviously just her being a big troll
If Lauryn Hill dropped Can’t Wait dudes in here would be going crazy :ohhh::blessed:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Still a good album but I noticed she's punching down a lot after second listen.

I'm not going to lie I'm finding it hard to vibe with this content wise cuz

A. the lyrics are weak in general, which is fine as long as they aren't distracting (they are).
B. A lot of them are of her shytting on her fans which I feel is like the slimiest shyt you can do as an artist :mjlol:
C. Shorty voice is aggressively annoying at all points
D. From what I read this is posed to be her "artistic" album but it sounds like all the other shyt I've heard from her

Sonically shyt is fine, but the maestro is just sooooo fukking unlikeable I cant do it lol.

I don't want to detract from the sea of praise too much so my last post in here before one of ya'll get in your feelings for a different opinion.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
She might be goofy and has said done as well as said questionable shyt but her talent can't be denied. Easily the best female rapper rn.
Easily the best in the game right now. Like by a fukking mile.

Her and Armani Caesar are at the top of the female tier list to me

After a few play throughs, this album has no skips. All the tracks are pretty solid at the very least.

I’m legit impressed at how well she can spit

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Were songs added after the release? I'm seeing the tracklist was bumped up to 17 songs and there's two versions on Apple Music.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Been listening to this album all day

no skips at all on this.

it's hard to even pick favorites because the whole album is on point

but if i had to pick favorites

Love Life
97'
Often
Can't Wait
Gun
Skull and Bones
Go Off
Shutcho
fukk The Girls
Agora Hills
Balut
Wet Vagina
WYM Freestyle
Paint The Town Red
Attention

Like I said, I can't even pick favorites because every single song is on point.

Album is a masterpiece.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to lie I'm finding it hard to vibe with this content wise cuz

A. the lyrics are weak in general, which is fine as long as they aren't distracting (they are).
B. A lot of them are of her shytting on her fans which I feel is like the slimiest shyt you can do as an artist :mjlol:
C. Shorty voice is aggressively annoying at all points
D. From what I read this is posed to be her "artistic" album but it sounds like all the other shyt I've heard from her

Sonically shyt is fine, but the maestro is just sooooo fukking unlikeable I cant do it lol.

I don't want to detract from the sea of praise too much so my last post in here before one of ya'll get in your feelings for a different opinion.
I think she’s shytting on critics and toxic fans that try to control the lives of these artists.