Doggie Diamonds - "Afrobeats Is Annoying And Trying To Replace Hip Hop! Enough Already!"

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
Afrobeats is not holding relevancy past 2026. It's already on its way out. It was cool for a minute but it's not strong enough to take over the culture.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Afrobeats is not holding relevancy past 2026. It's already on its way out. It was cool for a minute but it's not strong enough to take over the culture.
I really think they make music for the like 2 billion Africans around the world not Doggie Diamonds or Jamaicans. The rest can listen in if they want to :yeshrug:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Facts when you have rhythm I love all the music from the diaspora. Tbh only thing hip hop has going for it is the production which is why it’s lacking. But it looks like the west may save it again.

The East got too many old nikkaz and not enough new nikkaz to create a new lane.

The South really is Future, Gunna and Carti potentially.

The west got potential after I seen DJ heds set.

The North other than R&B is cooked for hip hop. Tory Lanez is locked up and Drake well… we know how thats going.
You are not tapped in if you think that, you see this slizzy movement going on

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are not tapped in if you think that, you see this slizzy movement going on
Bay Swag, Cash Cobain and Ice Spice these TikTok nikkaz are lucky to be around in 5 years. The only nikka I would say who was promising for the East was pop smoke but his life got taken too early.

I do fukk with some of Cash Cobains shyt though. But it’s not enough to be on par or surpass the shyt Kendrick, Drake and Future are doing.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Bay Swag, Cash Cobain and Ice Spice these TikTok nikkaz are lucky to be around in 5 years. The only nikka I would say who was promising for the East was pop smoke but his life got taken too early.

I do fukk with some of Cash Cobains shyt though. But it’s not enough to be on par or surpass the shyt Kendrick, Drake and Future are doing.
I see Cash Cobain being around but more so behind the boards, Chow lee though I think he has potential but he needs to start getting a bit experimental or outside the box with his musc. I could see him being on some Future R&B shyt if he finds that massive IT factor. Ice spice cant even sell tickets to a show im good on that :mjlol:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see Cash Cobain being around but more so behind the boards, Chow lee though I think he has potential but he needs to start getting a bit experimental or outside the box with his musc. I could see him being on some Future R&B shyt if he finds that massive IT factor. Ice spice cant even sell tickets to a show im good on that :mjlol:
Chow lee
:why:
nikka sounds exactly like Cash to me. None of these nikkas are doing worldwide cross over shyt. As much as you shyt on Ice Spice she’s the only one to me that has a star appeal. She’s young still so she still has room to improve. But that’s only if she wants to get better. The problem with these young nikkaz a lot of them don’t care about being the best and it shows in the music. All of the goats thought they were the best that’s why they legends today.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Chow lee
:why:
nikka sounds exactly like Cash to me. None of these nikkas are doing worldwide cross over shyt. As much as you shyt on Ice Spice she’s the only one to me that has a star appeal. She’s young still so she still has room to improve.
There’s a conversion factor you’re not taking into account though. They have a higher conversion rate than ice spice. Yes ice spice has a bigger audience but her audience won’t buy merch and tickets like their audiences will. Her PR branded her really well but the music and music sales hasn’t caught up to it yet