Doggie Diamonds - "Afrobeats Is Annoying And Trying To Replace Hip Hop! Enough Already!"

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean I'm tired of Afrobeats too but damn, let people like what they like man

Last edited:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
If you start playing afrobeats in a spot. i'm going to leave.

But it being trendy enough to get spins on R&B/Hip hop stations might make some people feel like it's trying to bully it's way into a space that soca,dancehall,reggae simply never did.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
good. tired of nikka this nikka that, stole yo bytch, i got bandz. shyt is washed, its about 40 years overdue for a new genre. same damn topic/song just worded different. id much prefer my son listen to afrobeats than drill/rap, excluding kendrick and nas.

Last edited:

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But it being trendy enough to get spins on R&B/Hip hop stations might make some people feel like it's trying to bully it's way into a space that soca,dancehall,reggae simply never did.
How does a music genre bully another music genre :what:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisinā€™
Most dance music(even if Black) can be very monotone and one note. Afrobeats isnā€™t excluded from this. Thatā€™s his point and many other peoples points when they say they donā€™t enjoy Afrobeats. Same can be said with Soca, Dancehall, Kompa, Reggaetone, Bad Bunny music. Even if youā€™re a person who ā€œjust wants to danceā€ a lot of those genres require you to know how to do intimate dance moves with a partner. You donā€™t listen to those genres and just get hyped and just vibe or jump around. Itā€™s exclusively partner to partner dance music or even if solo itā€™s intricate dance music. That has no replay value outside of a very targeted space(the club/l lounge/wedding reception). Itā€™s like if Cha Cha Slide or Cupid Shuffle type music was being pushed alongside rap by record labels and radio. They have their place but if you play that stuff right after Polo G or some ish, then yeah. Vibe killer.

:manny:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

If you were in metro NYC or other areas, you've heard dancehall acts get burn on Hip Hop stations over the decades.

Bun B mentions metro Houston fukking with reggae and dancehall heavy in his early career, so I'm sure the records got burn.

I'd have to believe that this has been the case in other metro areas over the decades.
Shabba, Supercat, Buju , Capleton, etc had hit records that played during Hip hop programming.
Shaggy, Maxi Priest, etc got burn during R&B programming

Nothing new about hits from other genres crossing over to hiphop/r&b radio

Last edited: