DOG OWNERS STEP IN...... Let's talk...

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I plan on quitting my job in about a month to two months and I'll have about a month and a half of free-time during the summer... In this free time I will be purchasing a female Basenji(Preferable one that is 6-9 weeks old) and raising the bytch as my own child...

This will be my first dog and I don't want to fukk it up..

I want my dog to be WELL TRAINED... I want her to be able to sit, lay down, back up, walk to my front and stop at my feet, and walk and stop behind my legs... They don't bark so I don't care to make her "speak"

My question is... Is there a special order I need to go by when teaching commands?

Share some methods you use to train your puppies..

Any tips you have are welcomed...

Also, lemme know your dog breed and any other stories about your pups you would like to share...

I am taking this serious and making sure I have everything down well before I make my purchase..

:salute:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
to train it..go buy some doggie treats...and ONLY give the dog a treat it follows your commands

giving the do treats for not doing anything will fukk up your training

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
First teach the dog it's name. After that I would go with sit, and stay. Have lots of treats and take your dog out every two hours. It's a pain at night but it helps. Also don't give them a lot of room in their crate. They will just relieve themselves on one side and chill on the other.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
when it pisses on the floor when its young take it roughly by the collar and put its nose either in it or close to it and yell "NO". it will get the point fast seriously. also give it a treat after it goes outside and pees and poos they love it and will never mess in the house

ive had three dogs i know a lot about them

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
walk with it firmly on a leash. dont be afraid to tug the shyt out of that dog to your side and use words like here.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
The training just takes time and patience, it will eventually do what you want it to do. Use a lot of treats and don't let them learn bad habits, like sitting on the furniture or bed etc, if that aint what you want.

Don't take the dog off of heartworm treatment either. That's some pretty serious shyt.
you treat a dog good, and you got a friend till it goes away.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i hope ur ready cause dogs are expensive and cost a lot of money in maintenance

also get dog insurance